Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Condition added to a question not working

• InesRojas
  • InesRojas's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #250928 by InesRojas
Hi all, 
I am using LimeSurvey Community Edition Version 6.2.4, and I need to add a simple condition to a "Yes/No" question, so that the next question appears only when the answer is Yes.
As you can see on the attached screenshot, I am writing the condition directly in the "Condition" field as follows:
((G01Q04.NAOK == "A1"))

My understanding is that this condition should work to show my question only when the answer to the question "G01Q04.NAOK" is Yes, but the question just does not appear at all if I add this condition.
Also, I am forced to use only the "Condition" field because I am unable to see "Questions Toolbar", (which, I think, should appear on the Top part of the screen), so I am unable to use the "Conditions Designer", (which could be accessed through the "Questions Toolbar")

Can anyone please help me to figure out why this simple condition is not working?  also: Is the "Questions Toolbar" not available on the Community Edition that I am using??

Thank you in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #250939 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Condition added to a question not working
Try with answer code "Y".

If that fails, attach a small sample survey (.lss file) containing only the relevant questions.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

• holch
More
6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #250960 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Condition added to a question not working
Have a look at your question codes. When looking at your screenshot, I can't see any question with the code G01Q04, but I can see one with the code G1Q00004.

So no zero between "G" and "1" and "3" more zeros between "Q" and "4"

So the condition G01Q04.NAOK == "A1" can never be true, as it seems that the question G01Q04 does not exist in your survey. So Limesurvey correctly doesn't show the question with this condition applied to.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by holch.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose