Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Linking to LimeSurvey without saving response

• DanielK8
  • DanielK8's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #250918 by DanielK8
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: Version 6.2.9+230925 
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own server
Survey theme/template: fruity_twentythree
==================
I plan on sending an email to customers asking for a rating. The email will prefill the question with their answer using the URL format survey.url.here/index.php/123456/?newtest=Y&G01Q01=5

However I've run into an issue if this email is sent to gMail users with Google attempting to cache the URL and resulting in a second entry from Google.

I really don't want to put a captcha on as the captcha used by LS isn't a very nice user experience. Is there any way to prefill a question within an answer that doesn't result in a response being saved until the user clicks the "Next" or "Submit" button?

Anyone come across this issue before?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #250920 by holch

I really don't want to put a captcha on as the captcha used by LS isn't a very nice user experience. Is there any way to prefill a question within an answer that doesn't result in a response being saved until the user clicks the "Next" or "Submit" button?

But not saving responses until the user clicks next or submit is the normal behaviour. Not sure what you are experiencing, but Limesurvey usually only stores answers when you click one of the buttons. There is no autosave function in Limesurvey.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #250983 by Jmantysalo
Replied by Jmantysalo on topic Linking to LimeSurvey without saving response
So you don't want empty "answers"? Set Show welcome screen: to On on Presentation tab. Or just forget and when exporting results search with
Code:
>0
on lastpage field.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose