Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

One codebase, multiple directories ... possible?

• SolutionsNZ
  • SolutionsNZ's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #245758 by SolutionsNZ
Is possible to run limesurvey using one codebase, but across multiple directories?

For example: install Limesurvey at example.com/survey... But then have completely folders which dynamically operate as if they have an install in every folder ie example.com/Survey1 or example.com/Folder2/Survey2 that all just operate from one codebase. (Instead of having to have example.com/survey/Survey1).

This is to save on having and maintaining multiple installs of the same codebase.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #245767 by holch
You could use DNS / htaccess to redirect requests to certain folders to the "central" folder. Not sure if I understood you right.

What would be the advantage of having several folders for the surveys?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #245774 by jelo

You could use DNS / htaccess to redirect requests to certain folders to the "central" folder. Not sure if I understood you right.

DNS can only be used for subdomains, not subdirectories.

I don't see any purpose to have different subdirectories rewritten to one installation. LimeSurvey is only able to serve one tenant.
One separate installation per tenant. There is no indication that this will be changed anytime soon.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

• holch
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #245775 by holch
Oh, so you think he is looking for a multitenant approach. Makes sense.

Regarding DNS: Yes, but at the end this could be a solution, having different subdomains redirecting to the same folder to mimic different installations. But of course, this doesn't help if multi tenant is what they want.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• SolutionsNZ
More
8 months 1 week ago - 8 months 1 week ago #245835 by SolutionsNZ
Replied by SolutionsNZ on topic One codebase, multiple directories ... possible?
I'm wanting for surveys to be organised under different folders. so people can locate surveys relating to a different locations.

IE

Example.com/surveys/London
Example.com/surveys/London/engineer
Example.com/surveys/Paris

Etc

A redirect would work or I could use a some other software other than limesurvey to display all the URLs so people could look up the list of categories and directories.

There doesnt appear to be a url for Survey Groups... nor a way to list all the surveys by group on the home page
Last edit: 8 months 1 week ago by SolutionsNZ.

• tpartner
More
8 months 1 week ago #245836 by tpartner

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SolutionsNZ

• SolutionsNZ
More
7 months 3 weeks ago - 7 months 3 weeks ago #249429 by SolutionsNZ
Replied by SolutionsNZ on topic One codebase, multiple directories ... possible?
Thanks Tony, that helps a bit by giving it an alias. Probably it would be quite handy if surveys could be listed by their groups on the home page (or some other categorization) instead of just a list of all questions in one big list. (Forgive me if that's possible, but I didn't see a setting for that).

Until the home page survey list can split into groups, Im using other software to list the surveys by group to make it easier for users to find things
Last edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by SolutionsNZ.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose