Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

proxy voting

• SolutionsNZ
  • SolutionsNZ's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #245736 by SolutionsNZ
proxy voting was created by SolutionsNZ
For my installation I'm wanting to offer respondents the choice of doing the survey thrmselves, or selecting a proxy organisation in a drop-down menu that they will proxy their vote to instead of casting it themselves.

The means that for that respondent, their answers for some questions will be whatever the nominated proxy vote was for those questions and NOT their own answer.

It could be that nominated proxy they chose has already cast their vote or it could be that the proxy is yet to vote.

Whichever it is, the data for that respondent gets recorded as the proxy vote as at whenever the proxy vote is vast.

Also... The respondent can rescind the proxy vote and give their vote to another proxy instead, in which case the data for that respondent gets updated accordingly.

Can lime survey do this?

If not, is there an extension that can do this?

Last edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by SolutionsNZ.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #245952 by LeshyNL
Replied by LeshyNL on topic proxy voting
This sounds like a pretty complicated and convoluted setup, and as far as I know, LimeSurvey does not support multiple users filling out the same survey – especially only partially.

We also use LimeSurvey in a setup where we deal with proxy votes, but we handle that outside of LimeSurvey. Proxies are collected in advance and users who have been proxied to vote on behalf of another user simply get access to more than one copy of the survey to fill out (one on their own behalf, and x on behalf of other users).

I don't know exactly what the requirements of your process are, but it might be good to look at simplifying that. Should you find a tool that does handle your requirements, feel free to share which one – it would be interesting to know about it.

• SolutionsNZ
  • SolutionsNZ's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 months 3 weeks ago #249428 by SolutionsNZ
Replied by SolutionsNZ on topic proxy voting
thanks yes, I have simplified this a bit since, also thanks for your idea and way of doing things. Probably a proxy vote should never be actually added to a users vote since thats an authentication problem as the vote was not placed by that user. Like you, I'll do a process at the end which will add the proxy vote to the total instead of mixing it with the user's vote. Thanks for your thoughts

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose