Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Looping question

• JenniWatson
  • JenniWatson's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 2 days ago #243539 by JenniWatson
Looping question was created by JenniWatson
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: [see right hand bottom of your LimeSurvey admin screen]
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting:
Survey theme/template:
=================
Wondering if anyone could help with a looping questio , I will start by saying I’m a newbie so apologies if I don’t explain properly.

Essentially this is what I am trying to do…. In my survey participants watch a video and then whenever they see anything of note they answer questions, they answer the same set of questions each time they note something relevant so the questions need to be on a loop. However there also needs to be an exit out of the loop. It will look a bit like this…
q1: question set
q2: have you finished watching the video? If no then they repeat q1, if yes they go to a final review q.

participants can stop the video and answer the questions as many times as they want to do in essence q1 will be repeated multiple times.

I used a conditional to say ‘if answer to q2 is no’ they go to the repeated questions (set out as q1.1) and that sort of works however when I try and put in the review question it goes a bit wrong… I tried doing an extra condition for ‘if q2 is yes’ but that only worked for 1 loop of the questions

does anyone have any thoughts on whether this is possible and if so how?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 2 days ago #243547 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Looping question
Limesurvey doesn't support loops.
You have to copy the block as many times as you expect the maximum number.

Joffm 

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose