Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Translating a Survey In Hausa

• mnelson
  • mnelson's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #209193 by mnelson
Translating a Survey In Hausa was created by mnelson
Hi,
I have a survey that needs to be translated in Hausa which is not in the list of listed languages in Lime, how can I incorporate this in my survey.

Lime Survey
Version 3.25.1
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 4 months ago #209196 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Translating a Survey In Hausa
Well, for the translation of your questionnaire you don't really need Limesurvey to have Hausa. You could use e.g. English and then write the questionnaire in Hausa.

The only problem I see is that all the standard texts of Limesurvey would be in English then, just the questionnaire in Hausa. If you can live with that, you should be fine.

If not, you could create the language. The good thing about Limesurvey is, that it is open source and anyone can help.

I assume that you won't need the backend of Limesurvey to be in Hausa, but only the text elements that appear in the survey. Unfortunately the text files do not distinguish between this. I think I have mad a feature request some while ago, but I guess it was never considered: Having the texts for survey taking separated for survey creating/LS administration.

This way one could create a new language fairly quickly.

manual.limesurvey.org/Translating_LimeSurvey
translate.limesurvey.org/projects/

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose