Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

For Each subquestion of specific value

• roblu001
  • roblu001's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #206128 by roblu001
For Each subquestion of specific value was created by roblu001
Is it possible to ask questions for each subquestion of a specific value?

In my survey I have an array question. I would like to ask follow up questions for each subquestion that was responded 4 or more. Is there a way to do this with piping? do I have to create a question for each subquestion with logic only to ask if responded to subquestion with value A4 or A5?

fairly new to this software.
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 6 months ago #206131 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic For Each subquestion of specific value
Hi,
you said

I would like to ask follow up questions for each subquestion that was responded 4 or more.

As each subquestion can be answered with 4 or more piping is not the best approach.
So you have to create your follow up questions for each subquestion and display them by relevance equation.
I admit this all could be done easier if LimeSurvey would support loops. But it does not.

If your answer codes are numeric (as they are not at the moment) it is just like
Q1_SQ001>3
Q1_SQ002>3

With your "A1", "A2" it is
Q1_SQ001=="A4" or Q1_SQ001=="A5".
But consider your analysis. I thing you want to calculate means of your array items, compare the means by t-tests, etc.
And what is the mean of "A1" and "A4"? It is not "A2,5".
So you really should use numeric answer option codes; or recode everything in your analisis software later.

By the way: You should explain your survey design a bit more detailled; especially about the follow up questions.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose