Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Passthru data not captured if survey completion time over certain time limit

• paulfiner
  • paulfiner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 8 months ago #203729 by paulfiner
I've been working with a panel provider successfully over the last year but on each survey I run of approx 2000 sample I always get about 10-15 records come through without the Respondent ID from the panel company.
Today I ran a very short 2 question survey and only 3 records were missing the ID and I noticed that they all had high completion times as if they started the survey and then did something else for a bit and then completed the survey.

Is there some kind of session time limit I could adjust to stop this happening?

Limesurvey version 2.73.0
The topic has been locked.
  • paulfiner
  • paulfiner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 8 months ago #203793 by paulfiner
I've been doing some further research into this and thought it might be related to session.gc_maxlifetime in the php.ini file on the server but this is set to 24 minutes and I'm getting respondent IDs passed through for people taking 30 mins to complete the survey.

In the file internal.php within the Limesurvey installation there is a variable schemaCachingDuration with a value set to 3600 (60 mins) - I'm wondering if this might be it as the 3 records I have with no respondent ID all have completion times over 60 mins??

Anyone else with ideas?
More
3 years 8 months ago #203811 by jelo

paulfiner wrote: but this is set to 24 minutes and I'm getting respondent IDs passed through for people taking 30 mins to complete the survey.

The 24 min are the time, when the session can be cleared by PHP. It is not the case that it will last exactly 24min.
The 30 min time to complete a survey is not checked by the session time. The session time out of 24min starts with every browser interaction again. 24min the respondent could spent 23:59 min on one surveypage and then clicks next. Then again 23:59 min time before the session file is marked for deletion.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose