Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Dual array "no answer" exclusive response without "no answer" for all questions

• keithgoldstein
  • keithgoldstein's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #202422 by keithgoldstein
Thank you so much. Is there also a way to do this same process without enabling the "no answer" option?

Enabling "no answer" and adjusting the translation was my prior workaround, because I had not figured out how to make a 3rd mutually exclusive column that did not

The above solution works like a charm, but then I am stuck with "no answer" on all the questions.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 9 months ago #202443 by tpartner
I don't understand the question. I thought this thread was all about editing the "No answer" text which is inserted by LimeSurvey.

If you have "No answer" disabled, simply edit the answer text(s).

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • keithgoldstein
  • keithgoldstein's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #202445 by keithgoldstein
Indeed, this is a second question, so I give it a new title, but the questions are related. Your prior solution works great, but then I have "no answer" for all other questions in the survey unless I make them mandatory.

My second question is what should we do when we want this "no answer" modification for some questions, but we do not want all of the additional questions in the survey then to include "no answer", or we don't want the "no answer" automatically selected?

There seem to be a few possibilities, but I do not find a clear answer: 1) hide no answer 2) enable an exclusive option for the final answer in the dual array, 3) build a 3rd array and use the expression manager to control the other answers...

Is it possible to hide the "no answer option" for other questions in the survey? I don't seem to find a clarification without making questions mandatory: forums.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-thi...-on-select-questions forums.limesurvey.org/forum/design-issue...ption-show-no-answer forums.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-thi...-on-select-questions

How can we create a "no answer", not relevant, or some exclusive option in a dual array that is not selected automatically?

I can do this with the other question types by using the exclusive option: forums.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-thi...g-expression-manager exclusive option .

I think I could get this solution to work with expression manager in a dual array with an exclusive option for the last answer being "no answer" or "not relevant". The answer would appear within the second array column, but that would also work.

I also think that perhaps I could just add something similar to this to all the questions where I don't want to show no answer, but I have not figured out yet how to get this to work.

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
$(document).ready(function() {
$('#question{QID} input.radio:eq(NA??)').hide();
});
</script>

The example is the same.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by keithgoldstein. Reason: adding the image that does not show in line

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose