Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Warning response limit

• Elisa_Garuti
  • Elisa_Garuti's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 week ago #197752 by Elisa_Garuti
Warning response limit was created by Elisa_Garuti
Hi all,

I have the Free LimeSurvey Professional package.
I’ve just received an email telling me that my LimeSurvey Pro instance is about to run out of responses and I noticed only now that I can have/register only 25 responses in total.
Is it 25 per month or in general? Because on the website, it is written “25 responses/month”.
So, I wonder if maybe the responses reformulate (reoriginate) after this month?
I wanted to ask what happens after these 9 responses left will be collected.
Will I be able to still save my responses (for me 25 are enough for my questionnaire)?

Thank you a lot in advance for your reply,

Best regards,

Elisa
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #197754 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Warning response limit
Exactly, this free package only allows 25 responses/month.
So it is thought to have a first glance at the application, test a little bit, and then register for one of the other packages.

Here you pay for the convenience of not having to worry about hosting, nor about updates, nor about backups.

And you should read about the counting of responses in the FAQs at the bottom of this page.

How are responses counted?

In short...

A response is counted if a participant completes your survey once, regardless of how many questions or question groups your survey contains.

In a more detailed description...

A survey is taken and completed => 1 response
A survey is taken and only half completed => 0.5 response
A dataset is manually added by an administrator => 1 response
A partially completed survey is marked as finished by an administrator => 0.5 response

The CE version is free of charge.
If you choose this one (it does not differ from the pro version), you have to take care of all this yourself.
Or in other words: Youhave the freedom to do everything yourself.

Joffm

But in general:
This forum supports the CE edition.
For the Professional edition you may ask LimeSurvey GmbH directly "Support / Contact us".

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by Joffm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elisa_Garuti
  • holch
More
4 years 1 week ago #197758 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Warning response limit
Joffm's response was already quite extensive, but I wanted to add some information, because I think it is important.

Once you reach the 25 responses, your access to the backend will be blocked (at least it was this way some time ago). This means, not only can no one answer anymore, but you also can't access and download the responses until the next montly cycle starts and you get your new 25 responses. Keep this in mind. The "Free" package is free, but it obviously comes with its limitations. Overall, it is not really intended for productive use, but rather a easy and cheap way to test and play with Limesurvey Pro.

If 25 responses per month are enough for you, of course you can use it for your purpose. But keep in mind, that if you go over the monthly limit, you might not be able to access your account until the next montly cycle, which might be a problem if you need to analyze these 25 responses quickly.

And as Joffm highlighted, into the 25 respones do not only count the completed respones, but also responses where the Respondent started the questionnaire, and then stopped to respond. This will be counted as half a response. So if you have 50 people that start and then drop out, you can reach the limit of 25 respones without getting one completed response.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Elisa_Garuti
  • Elisa_Garuti's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 week ago #197761 by Elisa_Garuti
Replied by Elisa_Garuti on topic Warning response limit
Thank you a lot! this really helped.
Now I get the fact of the limitation!=)
So basically, if I reach this "max 25 responses" this month I have to wait to be able to re-access until the next month?
However I think I will switch to a paid package or to the CE paid ones.

Thank you again,

Elisa
  • holch
More
4 years 1 week ago #197767 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Warning response limit
I don't know when your cycle starts and when it ends, but let's assume that your cycle starts at the 1st of each month and ends on the 31st. Now let's assume you get one response per day and they are all completed. So on the 25th you would reach your monthly limit and afaik your access to the backend will be blocked. This means, you will have to wait until the 1st of the next month, until you can download your 25 responses from the first month.

I find this setting a little weird. I would have expected that you could still access the platform, but you just couldn't collect anymore responses. But I have learned a while ago in this forum, that the access is completely blocked. This was a while ago, so this might have changed, but I don't know.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Joffm
More
4 years 1 week ago #197771 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Warning response limit
To add:
In the FAQs:

What happens if I exceed my response volume?

At first, we will send you a warning by email that your response volume is getting low - you can set this warning limit in your account settings after registering.
Please make sure your email address is always correct.
If your available Survey Response balance hits below zero your participants won't be able to answer your survey(s) anymore and we will send another email to you.
If you are using the FREE plan, then your access to LimeSurvey will be locked completely. In that case, you will have to wait until the end of your month period for it to get unlocked automatically or buy a subscription plan.

As said:
your access to LimeSurvey will be locked completely

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
More
3 years 6 months ago #207192 by Chiripa
Replied by Chiripa on topic Warning response limit
Comó se cual versón tengo instalada?

Me refiero si es Free, Basic, Expert o Enterprise

LimeSurvey: Versión 4.3.3+200707
  • DenisChenu
More
3 years 6 months ago #207199 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Warning response limit

Chiripa wrote: Comó se cual versón tengo instalada?

Me refiero si es Free, Basic, Expert o Enterprise

LimeSurvey: Versión 4.3.3+200707

Comunity edition : no limit (except server host limit)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose