Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

A common survey, then a daily updated surveys?

• ahassoun
  • ahassoun's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 days ago #197553 by ahassoun
Replied by ahassoun on topic A common survey, then a daily updated surveys?
There is no repetition.

Let me try explaining more details.

This is a daily event. It takes place every day. Most participants are the same/participate every day.

So I collect basic information about them, those questions/answers won't change.

Then I only need a confirmation from each participant if they are participating on that particular day.

Nothing extra for the daily confirmation. Only a confirmation IFF they are participating on that particular day (assuming they already filled the profile survey). If they are not, I don't need their response.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 5 days ago #197562 by holch
Well, if you have everything in one survey, then whenever they enter this survey, they'll have to fill all questions, including the basic information. LS does not know that they have filled this already or that you don't need them to fill it again.

Which is why I suggested to have a first survey where you ask for this information, then create a survey with only the questions that need to be answered on the other days. To make sure you can connect it, you would need to pass an ID (ideally the SAVEDID fromt he first survey with the basic information) via survey link to the following surveys.

Any chance that you can export your LSS file for us to better understand what you are trying to do?

Because with all in 1 survey I don't see a way to avoid that they have to fill the basic information each and every time they fill the survey.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• ahassoun
More
4 years 5 days ago #197567 by ahassoun

Because with all in 1 survey I don't see a way to avoid that they have to fill the basic information each and every time they fill the survey.

What I was thinking of is that I will only ask them to [manually] enter the access code that was given to them to submit the Profile survey. They will keep that code and use it every day they submit the daily form.

Only newcomers will have to go to the Profile survey if they have an access code.
  • holch
More
4 years 5 days ago #197571 by holch
There is no mechanism (of that I know) that can make sure to hide the first set of questions if they have filled the survey already.

I personally would solve it with one survey for the first day, that includes the personal information. Then I would create a participant table based on this, using the data provided in the first survey and then create a token based survey with uses left set to the maximum of days possible. You can even pipe the personal information into the second survey via expression manager. But I don't think this would work with only one survey, because you need this separation for the first time and then the subsequent times. But maybe someone else has a better solution.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• ahassoun
More
4 years 5 days ago #197580 by ahassoun
And I was actually talking about 2 surveys. I am sorry if I wasn't clear on this

A common survey, then daily updated surveys
  • holch
More
4 years 5 days ago #197596 by holch
Ok, but then the solution has already been given, right?

More
3 years 10 months ago #200835 by MmmieC
Hi, I am following this interaction, because I want something similar, but it is still unclear to me how to handle the issue.

I want do the folowing:
Day 1: one initial survey (i know email adresses of respondents, I will make tokens, send invitations, all is well).
Day 2 to 4: a short survey to each participant (all emailadresses without OptOut) at the end of the workday. I want this automated, so I don't want to login to Limesurvey to send everything myself. I want Limesurvey to do it automatically at 17.00 hours each day.
Day 5: one closing survey. I am willing to send invitations for this through Limesurvey myself, but if LS could do this automatically, that would be preferrable.

I guess I want some scheduling function for the surveys. Is that possible in some way?
Best wishes,
Marjolein

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose