Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Automatic save every answer & max login count

• unskilledking
  • unskilledking's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #187237 by unskilledking
Automatic save every answer & max login count was created by unskilledking
Hello Community,

i already asked this in the german subforum. But maybe one of you has an idea how to get this running.

Problem 1:
I want users to only login in a survey 3 times. It is a time limited performance test and i dont want users to leave the test, use google, and continue the test.

If it isnt possible, i'm looking for a developer to get this running within a plugin. Official payed job.

Problem 2:
I have 20 questions per page and want to save each answer individual. So if for example the browser crashs, the user can continue at the right question and doesnt lose time.

Thanks in advance,
Robert
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 8 months ago #187247 by holch

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
4 years 8 months ago #187250 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Automatic save every answer & max login count
For the 1 : maybe you can use manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Short_free_text#Timer on a question hidden by css. It work (except some LS version) on group to move nextgroup after XX seconds.
JS solution only.
If you need more control : please : extensions.sondages.pro/about/contact.html BUT not before september currently

For the 2 : need a ajax save or alternative solution . I have some not published code …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • gabrieljenik
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
4 years 8 months ago #187259 by gabrieljenik
Replied by gabrieljenik on topic Automatic save every answer & max login count
Hi,

As for timers, I have some plugins for special timing situations (if I remember correctly, they were for timing the whole survey). Contact me at gabriel@encuesta.biz so we can review specifics and maybe we can find a fit.

As per the problem #2, I thini saving the answers can be done with ajax. But the big question would be how to know/determine when a crash happens and how much time was left on the timer before the crash. Maybe going question by question? Maybe periodically saving the timer on the backend through ajax?

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

• gabrieljenik
More
4 years 8 months ago #187994 by gabrieljenik
Replied by gabrieljenik on topic Automatic save every answer & max login count
This is the link to the survey timer plugin.
www.encuesta.biz/en/product/limesurvey-survey-timer/

Thanks!

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose