Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

embedding images into invitation (and similar) emails?

• rikatechdoku
  • rikatechdoku's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #178133 by rikatechdoku
Hi all,

at the moment it seems that images are inserted with relative links in an email template (and are also sent this way :whistle: ).

However, even if I insert it with absolut paths (manually), then it is no guarantee that these images are also displayed in the email program of the receiver. Despite the fact, that noone can guarantee the display by 100%, still, if the images could be embedded in the emails, it would be much more likely that they do get displayed.

Is this already possible and I overlooked it? Because so far I could only see that I can attach files (of any kind) but not embed images, which should be displayed within the text area of the email.

Thx for any help, regards, S.

I'm using the hosted LimeSurvey Pro version (at least 3.15) on LS servers, AND also the locally installed xampp version as well (at least 3.15).
The topic has been locked.
  • rikatechdoku
More
5 years 3 months ago #178149 by rikatechdoku
Or is it possible with Limesurvey to instead have the generated html-email saved also as an html page and have a link to that page inserted at the top of the email, saying "If this email is not displayed properly, click here to view it in your browser."?

I'm using the hosted LimeSurvey Pro version (at least 3.15) on LS servers, AND also the locally installed xampp version as well (at least 3.15).
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 3 months ago #178151 by tpartner
No, not out of the box but you could create your own HTML page and place a link in the email template.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • rikatechdoku
More
5 years 3 months ago #178155 by rikatechdoku
Thx for the reply!
Yes, that would be possible but if I am working with tokens in the email then that user specific token will not be on that html page.

But I will do it in a different way. Just have to sort out all the options (and few limits) I have with Limesurvey and figure out the best combination of them. Thx again.
Regards, S.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose