Link to external site and continue afterwards

More
5 days 6 hours ago #177961 by mopodendo
mopodendo created the topic: Link to external site and continue afterwards
Hi,
I am fairly new to limesurvey and don't quite get what the best solution for my idea is.

My questionnaire consists of 2 parts. After part 1, participants should be redirected to an experimental task and as soon as it is finished linked back to the questionnaire where they are supposed to fill out part 2.

So far I have created a new category with text that links to the site: domain.com/exp?id={SAVEDID}

Secondly I'd like to disable the possibility to click continue before coming back from the ext. site. I have tried to create a hidden question called exp that has to be answered and modify the backlink accordingly: domain.com/limesurvey/1?exp=1
Doesn't seem to work as intended though.

Finally do I need to transmit the token as well {TOKEN:TOKEN} or is it sufficient to allow participants to continue later (I guess it will work with cookies then).

Thank you for any help on what's the best way to do this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 days 6 hours ago #177962 by LouisGac
LouisGac replied the topic: Link to external site and continue afterwards
you could do it with an hidden question that performs an ajax request to the 2nd web site to know if the task has been done or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mopodendo

More
4 days 13 hours ago #177997 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Link to external site and continue afterwards
How about using two surveys, redirecting to the external task with the End URL of the first survey?

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LouisGac, mopodendo

More
4 days 10 hours ago #178005 by mopodendo
mopodendo replied the topic: Link to external site and continue afterwards
I think I will use 2 surveys. Can I link out with "?id={SAVEDID}" and then use this id for the second survey?

More
4 days 10 hours ago #178006 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Link to external site and continue afterwards
Yes, that should work.

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!