Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

conditions as to answer

• Co2Co2
  • Co2Co2's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #177903 by Co2Co2
conditions as to answer was created by Co2Co2
I see that I can set conditions when a questions should be asked.
Is there a possibilty to set conditions after a answer, that if answerd XX the next questions should be XX and if the answer was XX the next questions should be XX.

for Ex

Questions No 1 which fruit do you like ? (if you like more than one of them choosethe first) Answers 1 Apple, 2 Kiwi, 3 Orange
I have 5 following questions for every answer, that means that questions No 2-6 only apply for someone answered the first questions that he likes Apple, and questions No 7-11 only apply for those ansewered Kiwi, so I want to set the condition if the answer was Apple go to question No 2, and if the answer was Kiwi go to question No 7

In Google Forms they have this option, is it possible in Lime survey
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 3 months ago #177907 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic conditions as to answer
Please refer to the manual. Question relevance - manual.limesurvey.org/Questions_-_introd...n#Field_descriptions

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Co2Co2
More
5 years 3 months ago #177911 by Co2Co2
Replied by Co2Co2 on topic conditions as to answer
The answer is not on that page, but I did find it on this page manual.limesurvey.org/Setting_conditions...ersus_Jump_Branching
It is nt possible to set conditions as Jump Branching Logic
  • Co2Co2
More
5 years 3 months ago #177940 by Co2Co2
The difficulty in this style is when there are some questions that depend on a specific answer, because when you want to change the condition, you have to change this in all the related questions.

suggestion for administrators and developers:
Perhaps it is possible to develop to be able to connect a question to a different question, for example, it should be able to set a condition that question No 3-6 are asked only if question No 2 was asked, or alternatively, it should be able to relate questions to others as this question No 3-6 are relates to question No 2.

In this way, we will be able to set conditions only for question No 2, and the rest will be automated according to the conditions of question 2.

THANKS
  • holch
More
5 years 3 months ago #177941 by holch
Replied by holch on topic conditions as to answer
There has been a lot of discussion in the past about jumping and the current relevance approach.

The relevance approach is very flexible, but can be a little bit tedious when you need to replicate "long jumps". However, currently and probably also for the near future (couple of years) I don't see any implementation of jumps into Limesurvey.

You will have take this into account when creating your questionnaire. Sometimes, with a clever structure in your questionnaire you can reduce the amount of relevance equations you need to set, but currently in your example you need to apply a relevance (or condition, but relevance is much quicker to implement) for each question you want to show/hide based on question 2 (so questions 3-6). Actually, your example is a fairly simple one, it could be much worse... ;-)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, Co2Co2
  • Co2Co2
More
5 years 3 months ago #177979 by Co2Co2

holch wrote: There has been a lot of discussion in the past about jumping and the current relevance approach.

The relevance approach is very flexible, but can be a little bit tedious when you need to replicate "long jumps". However, currently and probably also for the near future (couple of years) I don't see any implementation of jumps into Limesurvey

My above suggestion could probably be done with a small development, the conditions which you have now is that a question is asked only if the above answer was XX, maybe it can be developed that a question shoulb be asked only if the above question was asked.
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
More
5 years 3 months ago #177992 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic conditions as to answer

Co2Co2 wrote: …
suggestion for administrators and developers:
Perhaps it is possible to develop to be able to connect a question to a different question, for example, it should be able to set a condition that question No 3-6 are asked only if question No 2 was asked, or alternatively, it should be able to relate questions to others as this question No 3-6 are relates to question No 2.

see .relevanceStatus

manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager#Access_to_Variables

Already done (maybe some issue with subquestion : must be fixed)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose