Random subset of matrix questions

More
2 weeks 2 hours ago #176049 by lipflip
lipflip created the topic: Random subset of matrix questions
Is it (and how) possible to randomly draw a subset of 10 questions from a matrix question with 20 questions for each participant and have only these questions presented/answered?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago - 1 week 6 days ago #176073 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Random subset of matrix questions
You can randomize the sub-question order and then use relevanceStatus in the sub-question relevance equations.

- manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager#Access_to_Variables

So if, for example, you have a question code "Q1" and ten sub-questions with codes "SQ001, SQ002..." and you wanted to show 5 random sub-questions, the relevance equations would be as follows.

SQ001:
sum(Q1_SQ002.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ003.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ004.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ005.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ006.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ007.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ008.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ009.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ010.relevanceStatus) LT 5

SQ002:
sum(Q1_SQ001.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ003.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ004.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ005.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ006.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ007.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ008.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ009.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ010.relevanceStatus) LT 5

SQ003:
sum(Q1_SQ001.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ002.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ004.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ005.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ006.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ007.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ008.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ009.relevanceStatus, Q1_SQ010.relevanceStatus) LT 5

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

More
1 week 6 days ago #176109 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Random subset of matrix questions
Correction, after further testing, it seems that this method does not work within arrays - only the first 5 subquestions are shown.

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
1 week 6 days ago #176110 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Random subset of matrix questions

tpartner wrote: Correction, after further testing, it seems that this method does not work within arrays - only the first 5 subquestions are shown.

Maybe in 3.X only ? I think it work in 2.73 ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
1 week 6 days ago #176113 by jelo
jelo replied the topic: Random subset of matrix questions
I wasn't aware that relevanceStatus is working with subquestions at all ;-)
Was that available in old LTS as well? Or introduced later?

Are you a student conducting a survey? If yes, tell me why you use LimeSurvey?
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/116...y-you-use-limesurvey

More
1 week 6 days ago #176125 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Random subset of matrix questions

jelo wrote: I wasn't aware that relevanceStatus is working with subquestions at all ;-)
Was that available in old LTS as well? Or introduced later?

I think relevanceStatus is related to EM know value : EM know only subquestion for array (for example : Q01.question didn't work and Q1_SQ1.question show the subquestion of SQ1 in question Q1).

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!