Question type that allows expanding list

More
1 week 18 hours ago #175381 by izzysteve
izzysteve created the topic: Question type that allows expanding list
Hi,

Is there a way that I can ask a question and the user is able to provide as many answers as they like, but each answer is a separate value in the database.

As a rather simple example: I have a question "What are the most regular items you buy at the supermarket (up to 10 items)". There is a single short text answer box for them to enter their first item, but a plus (+) button that they can click that opens a second short text box and they keep clicking until either they finish (maybe only enter 5 items). There would also be a minus (-) button that allows them to remove a row.

At the moment I use a long text field and ask them to separate answers on separate lines.

I am trying to integrate LimeSurvey questionnaires to my own app/database and it would assist if I can get these values as separate entities.

Thanks,
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 17 hours ago #175383 by jelo
jelo replied the topic: Question type that allows expanding list

izzysteve wrote: There is a single short text answer box for them to enter their first item, but a plus (+) button that they can click that opens a second short text box and they keep clicking until either they finish (maybe only enter 5 items). There would also be a minus (-) button that allows them to remove a row.

There is no question type available.
There are workarounds available. But you will have to define the max. number of fields.
A simple workaround for expanding is using subquestion relevance. If a text field is filled, the next field is displayed to enter more. Not the same quality as +/-, but doable without javascript.

www.limesurvey.org/de/foren/can-i-do-thi...plicate-field#173668

Are you a student conducting a survey? If yes, tell me why you use LimeSurvey?
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/116...y-you-use-limesurvey

More
1 week 17 hours ago #175385 by izzysteve
izzysteve replied the topic: Question type that allows expanding list
Ok, thanks, that workaround might just be good enough for my needs.

More
5 days 17 hours ago #175428 by surveySn
surveySn replied the topic: Question type that allows expanding list
Mandatory:OFF

You try it.
Attachments:

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!