Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Managing users & permissions via RemoteControl API?

• schroederprojects
  • schroederprojects's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #174875 by schroederprojects
Managing users & permissions via RemoteControl API? was created by schroederprojects
I'm trying to manage user permissions via the Limesurvey RemoteControl 2 API. We're using LimeSurvey Pro (not community... hosted by Limesurvey, not us)

We have an in-house application with a user permission model. From this application, we're using the API to create new surveys, generate user tokens, and monitor user progress on surveys. I'd like to limit access to associate users between our in-house system and Limesurvey.

Specific questions:
  • Is there any sort of single sign-on support (SAML or other) which we could use to link the authentication between our system's and Limesurvey admin users?
  • If there isn't, I'm planning to use the list_users API endpoint and associate users by email addresses. Is there a better way to do this?
  • Is there a way to manage the permissions of admin users or surveys through the API?
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 5 months ago #174881 by DenisChenu
:/

For SAML : see with www.limesurvey.org/customer-support/contact-us if they can add github.com/pitbulk/limesurvey-saml
For Permission management : same … this don't exist in LS core : ask a new feature (or see if it's OK to add it at plugin : gitlab.com/SondagesPro/coreAndTools/extendRemoteControl

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: schroederprojects
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose