Dummy Participants and Updating Tokens Table

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #173236 by grant32
grant32 created the topic: Dummy Participants and Updating Tokens Table
I have created a list of dummy participants in the tokens table in order to give potential participants a URL with a unique token (I can't upload their email as they are not yet known).

The survey itself asks for their name and email address. Is there an easy way to update the tokens table with this information? Ideally I would like a confirmation email to be sent, but at the moment it isn't because the email field in the tokens table is empty.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by grant32.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #173238 by Joffm
Joffm replied the topic: Dummy Participants and Updating Tokens Table
Hi,

if you only want to sent a confirmation mail to this email address it is sufficient to enter in the field "send email to"
{Q1_SQ002}
assuming Q1 is a multi short text question asking for name (in SQ001) and email (in SQ002).

Regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #173254 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Dummy Participants and Updating Tokens Table
You cannot directly update the token table with information from within the survey.

A workaround would be to use the basic admin notification email instead of the confirmation email. You will need to modify the template for that email and enter the question code of your email question in the "Send basic admin notification email to" field.

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Attachments:

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!