Disabling Title and Comment input fields of File upload dialog

More
4 months 6 days ago - 4 months 6 days ago #171043 by t420ss
t420ss created the topic: Disabling Title and Comment input fields of File upload dialog
One of the questions in my survey is a file upload. I allow only one file, and only file name will suffice, I don't need file Title and file Comment.

So I want to disable file Title and file Comment input text field.

One way:

Ideally, I want to put something like 'n/a' as a place holder in those text fields and disable them, so that users cannot edit.

Ref: 1_UploadDialog.png (input field has not been disabled in the screenshot, I just typed in n/a. )

Q1: Which template (file) renders that input text field?

When I upload file, I can see n/a, n/a in the value fields of Title and Comment.

Ref: 2_SurveyPage.png

Q2: Which template (file) renders the survey page? I want to edit the alignment of the answers (of the file upload).
Seems right aligned. I want to show the values aligned on the left, as shown by red arrow.

Other way:

Removing those unneeded fields is also an option.
I found that by editing survey/application/controllers/UploaderController.php, I can remove the two fields (Title and Comment) entirely, like this:
<input type="hidden" id="'.$fn.'_show_comment"      value="0"/>                
<input type="hidden" id="'.$fn.'_show_title"        value="0"/>

Ref: 3_UploadDialog_Title_Comment_Removed.png

But the survey page shows 'undefined' 'undefined' in the value field for that question. (understandably).
Ref: 4_SurveyPage_Title_Comment_Undefined.png

... doesn't look nice.

Either way, I want to know which file to edit so that I can display n/a in the value field.

But it may have other consequences, so the 'first way', that is , hard coding 'n/a' in those text fields and disabling them might be a better solution.

Could someone please give me some directions?

Thank you.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 months 6 days ago by t420ss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 5 days ago #171055 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Disabling Title and Comment input fields of File upload dialog
Why not use advanced settings : manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_File_upload#File_metadata

If it don't work report the issue

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: LouisGac

More
4 months 5 days ago - 4 months 5 days ago #171060 by t420ss
t420ss replied the topic: Disabling Title and Comment input fields of File upload dialog
It was less than 3 second's work. (less than 1.5 seconds for each click)
What a shame I didn't read/check the available options.

Time to move on :)
Have other issues to worry - like the logo not showing up.

Thank you, D.
Last Edit: 4 months 5 days ago by t420ss.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!