How to: Transfer text of Subquestions from one question to another.

More
1 month 1 day ago #160467 by jma6610
jma6610 created the topic: How to: Transfer text of Subquestions from one question to another.
I have a number of Questions pairs (array questions) where the second question in a 2-question pair has the same sub-questions as the first question. I will likely have to do a good bit of editing as I test the survey. I would like to edit only one question and not both to cut the amount of editing time required.

How can I transfer the text of Subquestion 1 in Question 1 to Subquestion 1 in Question 2 ?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 14 hours ago #160506 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: How to: Transfer text of Subquestions from one question to another.

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
1 month 13 hours ago #160507 by jma6610
jma6610 replied the topic: How to: Transfer text of Subquestions from one question to another.
I'm new to accessing variables through Expression Manager, so as soon as I figured out that SQ001 in your example above referred to the code I'm using for the sub-question, I got it to work. E.g., {Q1_1.question} works in my case.

Perhaps a quick follow-up question: Is there any way to incorporate code to replace Q1 with the question code from the question that comes before the current one? E.g., {CurrentQuestion Minus 1 _1.question}

Thanks much,

Jeff

More
1 month 45 minutes ago #160511 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: How to: Transfer text of Subquestions from one question to another.
No, that's not possible.

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!