Is it possible to pass the URL fields into the URL of an iframe in survey?

More
1 month 1 week ago #158675 by Qsgt
Qsgt created the topic: Is it possible to pass the URL fields into the URL of an iframe in survey?
Hi,

I have an iframe in the middle of one of my surveys that uses data collected at an earlier point in the survey (specifically Name and SAVEDID). I know that I can pass this data to an external script through URL fields in the end URL but can I can I pass the data into the URL of an iframe that appears part way through the survey?

Thanks in advance,
qsgt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #158676 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Is it possible to pass the URL fields into the URL of an iframe in survey?
Yes, you should be able to use the same placholders in the src attribute of the iframe tag. (assuming you have a <iframe src="xx"/> tag somewhere in the question text)

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
1 month 6 days ago #158685 by Qsgt
Qsgt replied the topic: Is it possible to pass the URL fields into the URL of an iframe in survey?
I tried using this as my iframe src " form.jotform.co/63137860302854?name [first]={name_first}&name[last]={name_last}®istrationNumber={SAVEDID}"

But it didn't work because the curly braces got percent encoded in the URL without replacing the variable names.

Should I be doing something differently?

qsgt

More
1 month 5 days ago #158722 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Is it possible to pass the URL fields into the URL of an iframe in survey?
I don't know how the braces would be encoded. Where did you place that URL and what LS version are you using?

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
1 month 5 days ago #158732 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Is it possible to pass the URL fields into the URL of an iframe in survey?
And what is this jotform ? Else : for url : it's more easy to do the url in an Equation question type.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
1 month 4 days ago #158789 by tpartner
Yes, as Denis suggests, it may be easier to define the URL in a hidden (by question class) equation type question and reference that in your <iframe> tag.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now