Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can a 1-question survey be re-taken if the participant did not answer

• JEfromCanada
  • JEfromCanada's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #158642 by JEfromCanada
LimeSurvey has the ability to prevent a survey from being retaken if the user's computer contains a cookie indicating the survey has already been completed. My survey uses this feature to prevent multiple / changed answers.

If I create a 1-question survey with a non-mandatory answer (and no "no answer" option), and the person submits the "blank" response, will they be able to go back to that survey and select one of the available answers?
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 6 months ago #158647 by DenisChenu
Quick answer : no.

Else : to be sure to have only one answer by user : token is only the valid system, all other can be easily #hacked#

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • JEfromCanada
  • JEfromCanada's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #158663 by JEfromCanada
Thank you for responding. I have verified that the "cookie" method does block attempts to access a 1-question survey, even if the question was "skipped" during the initial access. It's a bit of a disappointment, because people who inadvertently enter the survey, and then click on the SUBMIT button because they can't figure out any other way to abort the visit end up being unable to take the survey again later.

The only thing I can think of that might provide a "fair" way of allowing a "re-do", would be if a 1-question survey could provide a warning when trying to SUBMIT a blank survey. Something like "Do you wish to record this blank submission? (Yes/No)". Answering "No" would remove the cookie before exiting.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose