Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Navigation and Submission Issue

• harvas
  • harvas's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #158091 by harvas
Navigation and Submission Issue was created by harvas
Hello all.

I am having a survey that is using the "Show question index / allow jumping" into FULL. When the user is jumping into a specific group, changes a value and goes into the final section to Submit the survey, he get's an error regarding some issues with the values and redirects the user to previous sections. With the same exact setting, if the user makes the change and simply goes through each group without any further changes and then presses the Submit button, there is no error.

In brief, it seems that in order to submit the survey the user has to go through every group rather than going straight into the last group and submit it right away. Any ideas on how to overcome this issue? a workaround?

Thank you in advance.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 7 months ago #158126 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Navigation and Submission Issue
If there are an error shown excpet if there are a bug : the survey ask something. For example : if Q2 in group2 show a mandatory Q3 in group 3 : then when survey is submitted : the group 3 are shown.

Maybe : explain what error is shown to the user exactly.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • harvas
More
6 years 7 months ago #158154 by harvas
Replied by harvas on topic Navigation and Submission Issue
Thanks for the reply. I am attaching two screenshots in GR unfortunately. But let me explain:
1. There is the index of the question groups on the right. The "Submit" button is located at the last group of questions.
2. The user enters the questionnaire and goes straight to the last group to submit without making any changes in the survey values.
3. The user gets the error: "One or more questions have not been answered in a valid manner. You cannot proceed until these answers are valid."
4. The user starts going through all the groups of questions, one-by-one, still WITHOUT changing any value or answering any question.
5. At the last group, the user clicks submit and the survey is stored successfully (last attached image).

There are questions which are compulsory and other questions with logic within the survey, but the survey can be submitted just fine in the second case, without making any changes to values so it should in effect work in both cases.
  • DenisChenu
More
6 years 7 months ago #158155 by DenisChenu
Maybe something with .NAOK : with NAOK : even if the question is not seen (1st submit) : it don't break some validation. Without it can break some validation.
Else : you didin't use last version : maybe some issue with your version.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • harvas
More
6 years 7 months ago #158274 by harvas
Replied by harvas on topic Navigation and Submission Issue
Thank you for your reply. My survey has some NAOK on the survey logic. Please see example attached. I am using the version: Version 2.05+ Build 141210. Unfortunately, I cannot update the survey version, because I am not sure how this will affect the existing active survey, and I have no time for de-bugging, etc.
  • DenisChenu
More
6 years 7 months ago #158281 by DenisChenu
There are issue with complete index, then maybe your version, can not know.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose