Get x- and y-labels from array (numbers) questions with checkbox layout

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #157752 by socius
socius created the topic: Get x- and y-labels from array (numbers) questions with checkbox layout
Dear all,

I am trying to get the (x and y) answer texts of an multiple numeric array question ("array (numbers)" with checkbox layout). I'd like to combine x and y answers in the question text of a later question.

Is there a (simple) way to achieve this? With question1_1_1.shown etc. I only get "1" or empty - depending on the answer (Checkbox on/off), but not the labels on the side. Is there a way to get these array labels with a method like .shown?

I use Limesurvey 2.6.4 - and hope I did not overlook anything in the EM documentation and the Forum.

I attach the question group and a screenshot visualizing the problem.

Thanks a lot for help and hints!
Best, G
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by socius. Reason: typo in title

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #157762 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Get x- and y-labels from array (numbers) questions with checkbox layout
As far as I know, those variables are not available in Expression Manager. You will need to hard-code the text values.

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #157779 by socius
socius replied the topic: Get x- and y-labels from array (numbers) questions with checkbox layout
Hi Tony,

thanks for your quick reply! I will hard-code the text.

I think a feature like this might be very useful in some cases - to grab the x- and y-questions/labels in arrays with something like .shownx, .showny. I'll add this to my wishlist.

Thanks again!
Best, G

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #157805 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Get x- and y-labels from array (numbers) questions with checkbox layout
Yes, in theory, it should be something like:

{Q1_X001.question}
{Q1_Y001.question}

- manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager#Access_to_Variables

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!