Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Participant "Dashboard" Possible?

More
6 years 5 months ago #160801 by socius
Replied by socius on topic Participant "Dashboard" Possible?
Hi all,

@limeAJ were you successful in the end? I came back to this thread after some weeks and I now look for a way to build an overview page where respondents can see a number of surveys they are invited to participate.

I think this is somehow similar to what you try/tried to accomplish, but also different since this overview page should be integrated in its own survey - while in your case the surveylist is to be integrated in a separate webpage (plus you say it's a company internal survey while mine should become a larger "external" survey where security is decisive (that's why I thought that to use a survey for this case is a good idea...).

Thus (I hope this does not count as double post) I posted a new question www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-w...re-invited-to#160781 - If this is considered a double post, please move my posting in here @admin - thanks!

Thanks for your time and best,
G
The topic has been locked.
  • limeAJ
  • limeAJ's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #160812 by limeAJ
Replied by limeAJ on topic Participant "Dashboard" Possible?
Hello socius!
I think your idea is different from this "dashboard" I was thinking, and you idea is good!
Yet *I* titled this thread with a mis-informative word selection: my idea isn't a *participant* dashboard.
I believe your idea falls better into that side.

Anyway, what I ended up doing, and it is still in-development, is:
I setup a simple php login page - at the moment, users (+ passwords) are hardcoded into the database.
Once the user logs in, I use php to read data from the limesurvey database directly.
I created a side-database in the same server, which I use to sort of keep track of surveys on my side.
This side-database has the name of the responder, the token used by limesurvey, and some other useful information for my usage.

I can then present everything prettily to the user in my dashboard.

When they click a link on a survey the want to use/finish, the php "constructs the URL" with the correct information, plus the limesurvey token used. Then I send the user off to limesurvey, which knows how to do everything on its own (plus it has the token information).

Does this help you?
Let me know if I can be of more assistance!
The following user(s) said Thank You: socius
More
6 years 5 months ago #160888 by socius
Replied by socius on topic Participant "Dashboard" Possible?
Hi @limeAJ,

thanks for your response! Great. Yes I think reading the Limesurvey DB directly could also be a solution in my case - but since I'm not a programmer I better stay within Limesurvey ;-)

@cairomckencie came up with a great solution for a participant dashboard, i.e. a parent survey with a number of children-surveys - which seems exactly what I need - maybe it's also interesting for you: www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-w...re-invited-to#160831

If I come across questions for which I have to enter the DB directly I get back to you :-)

Cheers,
G

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose