Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Mark survey complete upon...

• PhilipK
  • PhilipK's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #157360 by PhilipK
Mark survey complete upon... was created by PhilipK
Hello everyone,

I am currently facing a rather simple problem for which I cannot find a solution - maybe I just oversaw something.

I would like participants of my survey to be marked as "complete response" upon a certain action, in the current case upon entering the last page of my survey - NOT after they clicked on the submit button.

Anyone out there who can help me out?

Many thanks in advance!

Philip
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 8 months ago #157373 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Mark survey complete upon...
I don't see a chance to change this without custom coding. Limesurvey defines a response complete only when the survey is submitted. This is especially necessary for surveys that are in "all-in-one" mode. But also in Group by Group or Question by Question, there is no way to guarantee that all questions are answered (that the survey has really been finished) without the final "next" or better "submit" action.

However, you can go into the list of responses and mark a response as complete manually. This might not be what you are looking for, but I thought I'd mention it.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• PhilipK
More
6 years 8 months ago #157388 by PhilipK
Replied by PhilipK on topic Mark survey complete upon...
Thanks for the answer, albeit being unsatisfactory. ;)

The best solution then is to put the javascript call to our backend in the end message of the survey to make sure the calls are corresponding to the actual completed responses.

Maybe someone else can still come up with a solution - otherwise I'll make it a roadmap wish to LimeSurvey. :)
  • holch
  • Away
More
6 years 8 months ago #157395 by holch
If you would explain a little more what you want to do, then maybe we can find a solution.

It sounds a little bit as if you want to pass some information to another application. This is usually done with the END URL feature. You can add variables to the end url via Expression Manager (e.g. responses, IDs, etc from the survey) and then use the automatic redirect feature. But as it is not soo clear what you want to do, I am not sure if this is a solution for your problem.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• PhilipK
More
6 years 8 months ago #157397 by PhilipK
Replied by PhilipK on topic Mark survey complete upon...
Well, basically yes - the aim is to pass respective variable content (e.g. a user ID received through a URL get parameter) and a js fingerprint via URL call to a backend server; in the current case once a participant enters the survey and once he has completed the survey.

We do this with javascript hidden in the text of the first page, and the current solution is to put the second part in the end message textbox that is shown once the participant hits submit.

Basically, I would like to flag participants as "complete" once they enter the last page before hitting submit (since the last page has no mandatory content) and then place the javascript there.

Anyhow, I guess we'll stick to the current solution then. :)

As I said, the feature to select the conditions (like enter page X) when a participant is flagged as complete would be really great if it were to be added to LS.

Best regards
  • holch
  • Away
More
6 years 8 months ago #157403 by holch
There are a lot of nice to haves that are waiting to be implemented. The feature that you are mentioning is so specific (never had anyone in the forum with the same problem) that I don't think it will make it into LS any time soon (without someone sponsoring it or taking into their own hands and implement it).

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose