Automatically pass a token to and execute a Python script

More
1 year 1 month ago #155737 by horseshrink
horseshrink created the topic: Automatically pass a token to and execute a Python script
Have developed / operationalized a clinical interview and use Python / RC2 to extract the results and post-process them into a plain text format that I then copy / paste into an electronic health record. Works reasonably well. Useful.

Is there a way to automatically execute my Python post-processing script when the patient completes the survey? The patient's token number would have to be passed to the script.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #155747 by Ben_V
Ben_V replied the topic: Automatically pass a token to and execute a Python script
Hi David,

What about the built-in "endurl" function to trigger a redirection to your python script (or any intermediate php script if necessary)?

manual.limesurvey.org/URL_fields#End_URL_field

Note that you can dynamically access {SAVEDID} & {TOKEN} values in the completed message/page , so you can use several other redirect methods like AJAX calls or meta refresh redirection:
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=http://example.org/myscript.php?savedid{SAVEDID}&token={TOKEN}">

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LouisGac, horseshrink

More
1 year 1 month ago #155766 by horseshrink
horseshrink replied the topic: Automatically pass a token to and execute a Python script
Will let you know how it works.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #157128 by horseshrink
horseshrink replied the topic: Automatically pass a token to and execute a Python script
Am a fair novice still with website design / management (knowledge has exploded much faster over the decades than I can learn it as a clinical professional), but got the "End URL" Python script to work via CGI.

"http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/Psychiatric%20Diagnostic%20Interview%20Print.py?urltoken={TOKEN}"

Had to read up on how to configure the Python scripts to run via CGI (URLs below.) I now know there are options other than CGI, and I don't know all the security ramifications, but this will all be run only within the walls of a LAN. No WAN use. Am just trying to make it work.

I set the following:
  • Survey properties -> Edit survey text elements and settings -> Presentation & navigation -> Automatically load URL when survey complete = "On"

Links helpful to me for this:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, Ben_V

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #157139 by Ben_V
Ben_V replied the topic: Automatically pass a token to and execute a Python script
Hi David,

thank you for your feedback & links. I'm glad to see that you get all your system working now.

Really nice and useful LS use case!

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)

More
11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #157237 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Automatically pass a token to and execute a Python script
Hi David,

Did you know if PHP have another way to 'knock' a python script ? PHP exec is always disable for security purpose but maybe another solution.

Else : you can call the same line directly in PHP using manual.limesurvey.org/AfterSurveyComplete and curl.

Some example of php script : framagit.org/SondagePro-LimeSurvey-plugi...enByResponse.php#L58
You just need the public function afterSurveyComplete()
and put a curl

Quickly done (not tested)
public function afterSurveyComplete() {
  $surveyId =$this->getEvent()->get('surveyId');
  $token = isset($_SESSION['survey_'.$surveyId]['token'] ? $_SESSION['survey_'.$surveyId]['token'] : null;
  if($token) {
    // There are surely another way to call a py script ???
    $ch = curl_init();
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/Psychiatric%20Diagnostic%20Interview%20Print.py?surveyid=".$surveyId."&urltoken=".$token);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
    $output = curl_exec($ch);
    curl_close($ch);
  }
}

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
Last Edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by DenisChenu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben_V, horseshrink

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!