Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

showing sub answer options based on selection of an item within same question

• NikiBalboa
  • NikiBalboa's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #154939 by NikiBalboa
Hi there!

I am pretty sure that I've seen a solution to my issue like a year ago, but I am absolutely unable to find the forum entry for this particular challenge.

Here's what I want to do:

I want to create a single option question asking the respondents, which industry they are working in. I have some meta and some sub industry categories. The final question should look something like this:

Q: What industry do you work in?
Answer options:
+ services
- marketing
- consulting
- legal
- etc.
+ commerce
- retail
- wholesale
- etc.

The answer items marked with a '-' should only be shown, if the meta sector (marked with '+') was selected first.

Thank you guys in advance for any hint on that issue (or simply the link to the thread where this issue is resolved ;) )

KR, Nik
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #154940 by tpartner
I don't see how that could have worked with a list (radio) question. By definition, you can only select one answer so how would you select the meta sector AND an industry?

I would separate it into different questions - one for the meta sector and several following questions for the industries. The industry questions would be shown conditionally on the answer to meta sector.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by tpartner.
  • NikiBalboa
  • NikiBalboa's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #154942 by NikiBalboa
Hi Tony,

Thank you for your swift response! You're right - I think the solution I remember was for multiple choice only. I'll follow your advise and split it up into two questions.

Cheers,
Nik

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose