Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Multiple respondents to same survey, but hide different parts based on attribute

• haxsaw
  • haxsaw's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #153835 by haxsaw
Hello all--

I have a situation where I'd like to use Lime to collect information for a set or products within a single company. The survey will be closed and I know all the respondents. However, more than one respondent will need to answer the survey for a specific product-- so for example, Bob, Ted, and Joe all need to respond to a single survey (that is, a single token) to collect information on high-performance widgets.

However, I have a lot of questions to ask, and I'd like to hide the irrelevant questions from each respondent based on the value of an attribute I set (in essence, the role of the respondent). I can see how this is done with conditions, but my issue is that from other answers on the forums, the only way I can see to give the same token to more than one respondent is by putting a list of email addresses into the email field when creating a participant. This is fine, however it doesn't let me differentiate between attribute values for each person receiving the token.

Is there another approach for setting up participants that will allow me to differentiate attribute values for each will having multiple participants provide answers for a single product (that is, instance of a survey)?

Thanks,

hax
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 10 months ago #153839 by tpartner
I would give everyone a different token but add a token attribute defining the product (or some other group similarity). Then you could hide questions/groups based on that attribute and use it to merge the responses in post-survey analysis.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • haxsaw
  • haxsaw's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #153840 by haxsaw
That's the sort of approach I was considering, but what about mandatory questions? Is the mandatory flag ignored if a question is hidden?
  • tpartner
More
6 years 10 months ago #153841 by tpartner
Yep, you can hide mandatory questions with conditions or relevance.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • tammo
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
6 years 10 months ago #153885 by tammo
I made a small example, just unzip the attached file to a .lsa file and upload this in your installation. It uses three users, each with an extra attribute in the token table. The tokens are A, B and C.

Based on the attributes that correspond with these tokens, different groups are shown.

Tammo

PS: I could not upload the .lsa file directly, but I made a request about that:
bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=12369
That is why I zipped it, although the zipped file is bigger than the .lsa file...

Tammo ter Hark at Respondage
For Limesurvey reporting, education and customized themes
respondage.nl

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose