Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Encoding Question

• psoliveira
  • psoliveira's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago #149897 by psoliveira
Encoding Question was created by psoliveira
Hi,

I'm setting a survey where i've some questions about behaviours.
At the end i will ask if a participant wants to give some personal infomation and if he agrees i will show additional questions.

How can i encode the personal questions, in a way that is not readable when someone browses the responses or export data, but can be decode if needed?

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 1 week ago #149904 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Encoding Question

psoliveira wrote: How can i encode the personal questions, in a way that is not readable when someone browses the responses or export data, but can be decode if needed?

There is no function to do a selective encryption of response data. I'm not aware of a survey which implements such a selective encryption either.

There is a plugin which allowed to encrypted the whole response-data, but you had to export and decrypt to data to access it again. So no response browsing either.

github.com/SamMousa/limesurvey-encrypt
Three years old. So the plugin should be tested.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 1 week ago #149940 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Encoding Question
I assume that you don't want "normal" Limesurvey users to have access to the personal data of the respondents. As Jelo says, there is no such thing of encrypting some answers.

What you could do is to create two surveys, one for the survey data and then, if respondents agree, they are forwarded (see end url feature) to the next survey where they can leave their personal data. You then restrict the access to the content of this second survey.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose