Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Connecting LS over JSON-RPC API to CRM

More
7 years 1 week ago #149863 by sic
Hi,

my name is Jakub Rybar and I'm CRM + System Integration Consultant for Central Bohemian Innovation Center. We are currently evaluating a process analysis for upcoming CRM tender and one of the requirements is interconnecting LimeSurvey with CRM via API. I have read through RemoteControl2 API ( manual.limesurvey.org/RemoteControl_2_API ) and haven't found a use case we are currently evaluating if LimeSurvey can do at least of the followings tasks via API:

1. When survey is filled, push it's results (answers + contact information) to CRM for further processing.
2. Can we query LimeSurvey from the side of CRM for new (unreviewed) surveys filled and get same data as above for further processing.

Many thanks for your feedback, best regards and have a nice day

Jakub Rybar
Mob.: +420 602 445 636
E-mail: rybar@s-ic.cz
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 1 week ago #149866 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Connecting LS over JSON-RPC API to CRM

sic wrote: and haven't found a use case we are currently evaluating if LimeSurvey can do at least of the followings tasks via API:
1. When survey is filled, push it's results (answers + contact information) to CRM for further processing.
2. Can we query LimeSurvey from the side of CRM for new (unreviewed) surveys filled and get same data as above for further processing.

How are getting people into LS? Via a link from the CRM, so that the person already owns a data record in the CRM when entering LS for the first time?Or is LS the first touchpoint ,which leads to creation of a new record in the CRM?

LS -> CRM
Pushing data from LS to CRM cannot happen via the LS API. It has to triggered on the CRM.
You might try to program additional stuff to enhance LS to access a API which the CRM offers.
But that is not part of the shipped LS. What CRM is used?

LS <- CRM
When a respondent finished a survey, a redirection via URL from the CRM could take place to trigger code inside the CRM.
Or you to a timed job which access the survey via the API every x minutes to update status/data inside the CRM.

You should review the API itself, to check if functions are missing to get the job done.
api.limesurvey.org/classes/remotecontrol_handle.html

If you only need to pass a small amount of data you might even consider using URL-GET parameters to push data inside the CRM.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 1 week ago #149879 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Connecting LS over JSON-RPC API to CRM

jelo wrote:

sic wrote: What CRM is used?

I guess that's the tender for. To find out, which CRM they will implement.

Tender = A bidding process that is open to all qualified bidders and where the sealed bids are opened in public for scrutiny and are chosen on the basis of price and quality. Also called competitive tender or public tender.

Often used in public processes to find a provider.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
7 years 1 week ago #149883 by jelo
The wording "currently evaluating a process analysis for upcoming CRM tender" isn't clearly stating on which side of the bidding process they are.
I had the impression the threadstarter is trying to find out more about the requirements of the RFQ and is on the bidder side.

• holch
More
7 years 1 week ago #149884 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Connecting LS over JSON-RPC API to CRM
You are right. I read it as if they are the ones that want a CRM, but reading his post again, he could be on the side that is offering the CRM.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
7 years 1 week ago #149984 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Connecting LS over JSON-RPC API to CRM
1 and 2 and a lot of other are included in manual.limesurvey.org/RemoteControl_2_API

See api.limesurvey.org/classes/remotecontrol_handle.html for the avalaible function.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
6 years 11 months ago #151094 by sic
Replied by sic on topic Connecting LS over JSON-RPC API to CRM
Hi jelo,

thanks for your kind reply, and I am sorry for reaching a forum just now.

1. How are getting people into LS?

ANSWER: Idea behind the integration of LS with CRM is that LS should be the first touch point, which should lead to creation of a new record in the CRM in case a particular subject doesn't already exist.

2. What CRM is used?

That's the subject of the upcoming tender. Basically we're now in the process of defining core functionality which the offered solution has to cover. There may be included some development tasks on the top of the core functionality if necessary. But there is of course some project budget which has to be followed.

From what you've written I see that we want to access LS from CRM due to easier implementation of desired behavior. Can you please elaborate more about 'a redirection via URL from the CRM could take place to trigger code inside the CRM'? I see we should specify a way how the CRM should integrate with LS in order to reflect it in bids.

I can imagine both scenarios - CRM accessing LS after successful survey filling or some scheduled task on the side of CRM checking is new filled survey are stored in LS in order to dig desired information. Basic idea is that data might be imported to CRM, but not all of them - just subject details and survey ID. Another use case would be, that CRM operator would like to see a survey details, then CRM has to query LS's DB for such information in order not to duplicate all the information.

Our main goal now is to define a conditions for bidders in order to give them enough concrete information how we want to integrate the final solution with LS.

I am not a SW developer, but from provided link I assume we're talking about using 'set_survey_properties' routine mainly.

3. If you only need to pass a small amount of data you might even consider using URL-GET parameters to push data inside the CRM.

Do you think this may be used for our use case? After new survey has been filled, we have to check in CRM, if such user representing some company/institution already exist. If not, then create a company/institution entry. If yes, check if such person exists. If not, then create it. If yes, check differences and on the side of CRM somebody will have to manually evaluate if a contact would be updated by fields.

Thanks for your understanding, best regards

Jakub Rybar
More
6 years 11 months ago #151095 by sic
Replied by sic on topic Connecting LS over JSON-RPC API to CRM
Hi holger,

no, I am on the side of requestor who is right now trying to specify a tender conditions to be clearly understood for potential bidders to minimize a risk of extra expenses regarding LS - CRM integration.

Thanks for your understanding,

Jakub
More
6 years 11 months ago #151100 by jelo

sic wrote: Can you please elaborate more about 'a redirection via URL from the CRM could take place to trigger code inside the CRM'? I see we should specify a way how the CRM should integrate with LS in order to reflect it in bids.

DenisChenu might be able to give a quotation for this and other approaches.

From what I read so far, my preferred workflow would be this:

1. LS Survey is filled out and via EndURL a trigger with surveyid and reponseid is fired to the CRM. (Implementation depends on the CRM capabilities)
2. CRM is using surveyid and responseid to access response via LS API. (Implementation depends on the CRM capabilities).

So without knowing the CRM capabilities (e.g. which scripting language is supported inside the CRM) and the CRM requirements (Windows,Linux,Cloud,OnPremise) you need to define them.
E.g. CRM should support accessing JSON-RPC (version 1) API via a scripting language.
CRM should allow importing data and executing trigger via URL GET parameter.

I am not a SW developer, but from provided link I assume we're talking about using 'set_survey_properties' routine mainly.

Why mainly? You will need the functions you need.
set_survey_properties is one of them. You will need export_responses to get the response etc.

CRM will be more important than LimeSurvey. You will have more than one touchpoint, which will deliver information to the CRM.

no, I am on the side of requestor

You are the requestor or a third party consulting the requestor?
I don't get the "No" since holch was right. Confusing.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose