Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Reactivate survey after expiration - Randomization

• dgiacometti
  • dgiacometti's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #148981 by dgiacometti
Dear all,

I just performed a first session of a survey that recently expired.

No the system says the survey is active but expire.

If I want to reactivate that survey how do I proceed? Should I just set the activation and expiration times and dates differently in the general setting and the survey goes online again?

If I manage to reopen the survey online, does the system randomize taking into account previous data in terms of randomization? (I have already 24 final results but I need more for my survey so I am reopening the session; the problem is that I have only 1 participant winning and I should have at least 4; does the new sessions compensate the other three?)

Thank you in advance.

Dg
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #148998 by tpartner
Yes, you can make the survey accessible again by simply modifying or removing the Expiry date. Data will be unaffected.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dgiacometti
  • dgiacometti
  • dgiacometti's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #149000 by dgiacometti
Replied by dgiacometti on topic Reactivate survey after expiration - Randomization
Thank you tpartner.

Will proceed in that way then.

The other issue is regarding ranzomization.

I set a formula that should ranzomize 1 every fifth participant for winning. But so far, with 24 completed surveys and 6 incomplete I have only 1 participant that won (I should have at least 4).

Why is that the case? The system will compensate itself with more participants (how many?) when I reopen the session or not?

If I change randomization will this have an impact in how the system take participants into account? For example If I set winning for 1 every fourth to compensate myself will this make the system overcompesate taking into account the only 1 victory in 24 or will it start the 1/4 counting from the new participants?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Dg
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #149002 by jelo

dgiacometti wrote: I set a formula that should ranzomize 1 every fifth participant for winning. But so far, with 24 completed surveys and 6 incomplete I have only 1 participant that won (I should have at least 4).

What kind of randomization did you choose? I'm not aware of a technique which would allow you to safely assign every 5th participant (complete answers) a prize. Even if there were a technique you will be better off which just randomly choosing winners after you finished your survey completely without Limesurvey.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #149038 by holch
We discussed this in another thread already. Randomization doesn't work like this. The random number is drawn completely independent from any draw before. The unlikely it might be, there is a chance that you draw 100 times 1 if you randomize between 1 and 2.
Every time you draw "the dice" you have a 50% chance to get 1 and a 50% chance to get 2. So even if you drew 10 times 1 before, for the next respondent the chance is still 50% to be 1 as well. In large numbers of course we expect that ones and twos are draw more or less even, but it can't be guaranteed.

And Limesurvey for sure has no "memory" for this. It is always the same chance to get drawn a specific number.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by holch.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose