Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

question by group or by question.

• marcomarenco
  • marcomarenco's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 4 weeks ago - 7 years 4 weeks ago #148848 by marcomarenco
question by group or by question. was created by marcomarenco
hi,
is it possible in survey setting to set ,for a group, to view the all the questions in a page (by group) and for another group to view one question for a page?
thanks,
Marco
Last edit: 7 years 4 weeks ago by marcomarenco.
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #148849 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic question by group or by question.
The most flexible way is currently to choose group by group display.
If you want one question per webpage, just put one question into one group.

We still miss the flexibility of a builtin page or subgroup feature, which would allow to have a separation of visual and logical groups.
Feature request ca be found here:
09416: Allow the creation of "pages" and a "page per page" display
bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=9416

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: marcomarenco
  • marcomarenco
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #148851 by marcomarenco
Replied by marcomarenco on topic question by group or by question.
Hi,
thanks for your reply, maybe another solution is to create more than one survey and link them using the end page? because i need to set other option like to view previous or next button.
:)
bye
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #148852 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic question by group or by question.

marcomarenco wrote: because i need to set other option like to view previous or next button.

What exactly do you mean? E.g. be able to allow the previous button only on certain pages? Currently only on/off globally is possible. Would be exact the kind of options you would expect in a visual group option page. Currently you would have to manipulate the buttons via Javascript/JQuery.

When linking surveys via the EndURL you want e.g. change the submit button of the first survey into a forward button. Before linking surveys you should try to change it all in one survey. Linking surveys will raise other issues.

You should indicate what version/build of LimeSurvey you want to use. Workarounds are not working with version version/build.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • marcomarenco
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #148853 by marcomarenco
Replied by marcomarenco on topic question by group or by question.
Hi Jelo,
i have a group of questions on anagraphic details, like name, age, interest and for this group i prefer to have all in one page, it need less time to compile.
i've another group of questions, the are anagram to solve, i use short text with regexp to validate the answer, i'd modified some code to use time limit and validation, in this group it's important to have a question in a single page.
my idea is to create more than one survey, and use the end page to print the link for the next survey (my english is terrible, sorry) in my case i would create a survey for anagraphic details, at the end i would print the link for the second survey with the anagrams.
what do you think?

bye
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #148874 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic question by group or by question.
I think using multiple surveys is adding unnecessary complexity. I don't understand why several groups, some with multiple questions, some with single questions (as jelo suggests) won't work.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • holch
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #148938 by holch
Replied by holch on topic question by group or by question.
I agree with Jelo and Tpartner. In your described scenario I don't see any reason why more than one survey should be solve your issue better than creating groups with severa questions and groups with single question, using question groups as "page" concept, basically.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose