Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Register to finish part 2 of the survey later after some questions

More
7 years 1 month ago #148539 by jck
Hi, we use Limesurvey to evaluate our exhibitions in the museum. To make the process simple for our visitors I would like to split the survey in two parts. One part in the museum and another part that the participant can finish after leaving the museum.

Ideally the system (Limesurvey) asks after part 1 directly for an e-mail address. When the participant register they will receive directly an e-mail with the link to finish part 2.

I've found two options for this that come close to a solution but are not quite what I’m searching for:
1) Public registration: works good, but I don't know how I can let appear the registration screen after finishing part 1 of the survey
2) Resume later: I didn't find a way to put this button in the survey itself. (Now it's only visible in top of the screen and it's always there.)

Is there a way to solve this? Thanks a lot!
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #148552 by tpartner
How about splitting it into two surveys and using the basic admin notification in survey-1 to send a link to survey-2. Append the link with the {SAVEDID} to pre-load a hidden question in survey-2 so you can connect the response sets in analysis.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by tpartner.
  • Joffm
More
7 years 1 month ago #148555 by Joffm
Hi, jck,
what's so bad about the "Resume later" link at the top?
You can explain the way to use it at the beginning in a boilerplate question.

But - to be honest - Tony's solution is better if you want to have a specific point where the visitors stop the survey in the museum.
As I understood your question of the 8th of december the respondents should be free to choose if they finish the survey in the museum or finish it later at home.

Best regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose