Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

support

More
7 years 1 month ago #148106 by Eluba
support was created by Eluba
How do you fill out a support ticket? How do you find usable information in the manuals?
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 1 month ago #148117 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic support
Support depends on the services you bought.
Try this link:
www.limesurvey.org/support

If the manual contains usable information is up to the reader.
The link to the manual:
manual.limesurvey.org/

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 1 month ago #148125 by holch
Replied by holch on topic support
"How do you find usable information in the manuals?" must be my favorite forum question so far....

Here a tutorial:
1. Go to manual.limesurvey.org
2. Search for the topic you are interested in
3. Read the text

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #148131 by jelo

holch wrote: "How do you find usable information in the manuals?" must be my favorite forum question so far....

People which are looking for a SaaS solution will compare the manual with help offers from other SaaS solutions.
Expectation in the SaaS space will be an uptodate manual/help-center. When I compare help.surveymonkey.com/ to manual.limesurvey.org I can feel the difference. Without getting used to the wording of LS you will have to invest a lot more time to find answers. Which is fine, if you are aware of the OpenSource approach. SaaS buyers and users forced into using LimeSurvey don't care about closed and open source. They are looking for help. And the most attractive option is to post a question in this forum ;-)

Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by jelo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • holch
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #148132 by holch
[Deleted this because I am in a bad mood, once I am in a better mood and still feel the same I'll post it again... ;-)]

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by holch.
More
7 years 1 month ago #148133 by jelo

holch wrote: [Deleted this because I am in a bad mood, once I am in a better mood and still feel the same I'll post it again... ;-)]

Yepp, that happens. Hopefully the bad mood is only triggered by LS topics. Perhaps I should report your posts more often to the moderator ;-)

• DenisChenu
More
7 years 1 month ago #148156 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic support
S... :( i don't see the bad mood of holch .... snif ... snif ....

jelo havbe totally right here : manual is the poor part in a lot of Free and Open Source project : it take so much time to make it.
ANd sometimes : have a 'easy access' manual : you have to remove existing feature.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
7 years 1 month ago #148157 by holch
I agree that the manual is not perfect, but compared to many software out there I'd actually call it excelent.

Especially for such a complex software with so many features as Limesurvey. I haven't seen Surveymonkey working for a long time. But last time it did not even have half of the features of Limesurvey. I assume this has changed since then.

Problem of the manual is, that it is a wiki and while this helps for the community to help, of course it is not comparable to a manual which was written by a professional in a professional and consistent way. You can see this with translations. There are different translations for the same thing. For Brazilian Portuguese me and Mauricio did some effort to align at least the most important words to keep them consistent (e.g. "questão" vs "pergunta" for question and similiar things). I can only imagine that there are many inconsistencies in other languages as well, due to many people work on it. It is just natural. And one translation might not be wrong/better than the other, but it is weird when you have two different words for the same thing. People will wonder what the difference is and if there is any.

More
7 years 1 month ago #148197 by jelo

holch wrote: Especially for such a complex software with so many features as Limesurvey. I haven't seen Surveymonkey working for a long time. But last time it did not even have half of the features of Limesurvey. I assume this has changed since then.

SaaS customer PoV:

Professional Hosting Subscription -EXPERT- 349 EUR per year
Professional Hosting Subscription -ENTERPRISE- 849 EUR per year
vs.
SurveyMonkey GOLD 400 EUR / year / user
SurveyMonkey PLATINUM 900 EUR / year / user

If you compare the feature sets I have problems to see where LimeSurvey is currently sticking out.
www.limesurvey.org/index.php/about-limesurvey/features
www.surveymonkey.com/pricing/

To have more than one user and a hosting in Germany is pro LS, but that's not a survey feature.
That's a pricing and hosting location decision. And I know companies who share the user credential of the SurveyMonkey account widely to keep the bill to one user.

In the Opensource-space LS is the gorilla with 1-2 projects other projects around. No competition.
But what position has LS in the SaaS-space (category up to 1.000 EUR per year)?
What is the killer feature where SurveyMonkey and SurveyGizmo aren't delivering?
Killerfeature for me is self-hosting, but that is irrelevant in the SaaS space.

• holch
More
7 years 1 month ago #148199 by holch

jelo wrote: In the Opensource-space LS is the gorilla with 1-2 projects other projects around. No competition.
But what position has LS in the SaaS-space (category up to 1.000 EUR per year)?
What is the killer feature where SurveyMonkey and SurveyGizmo aren't delivering?
Killerfeature for me is self-hosting, but that is irrelevant in the SaaS space.

Luckily not OUR problem, is it? ;-)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose