Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Random assignment to specific conditions

• Annick_Dc
  • Annick_Dc's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #148057 by Annick_Dc
Random assignment to specific conditions was created by Annick_Dc
Here is my wish, but not sure Limesurvey can do it.

I have 8 different conditions/scenarios, but the questions are the same for all of the conditions/scenarios.
Can I create only one survey including the 8 scenarios and each participant will be randomly assigned to one of them. Moreover, when 40 participants get scenario 1 , the scenario 1 stops to be suggested, and so on.
Thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 1 month ago #148066 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Random assignment to specific conditions
For the first question, load a hidden equation type question with a random number 1-8 and place relevance on questions/groups depending on that number. See Expression Manager in the manual - manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager

Regarding the second question, no, you will need to manually adjust the relevance as you collect data.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
7 years 1 month ago #148086 by BBCMResearch
Replied by BBCMResearch on topic Random assignment to specific conditions
Tony, could you not set a quota for the hidden question to answer his second question? I only ask because I'm having to learn quotas now for a future survey.
  • holch
More
7 years 1 month ago #148095 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Random assignment to specific conditions
No, if a quota is full, the survey will be ended. What Annick wants is that they continue the survey, but the question that has been shown and answered X times should not show up anymore. So lets say scenario 10 has been seen 40 times. If you set a quota on this, then Limesurvey can terminate any respondent that gets drawn into scenario 10. But it can't say, OK, scenario 10 is full, let's show another one.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner, BBCMResearch
  • tpartner
  • Away
More
7 years 1 month ago #148098 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Random assignment to specific conditions
Yep, exactly as holch says.

Now, I suppose you could do it with an AJAX call to a remote PHP file that queries the database to find how many folks have previously been assigned to the group and adjusting the randomization accordingly...but way easier to simply adjust the relevance manually.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BBCMResearch
More
7 years 1 month ago #148100 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Random assignment to specific conditions

BBCMResearch wrote: Tony, could you not set a quota for the hidden question to answer his second question?

The intention was to close one scenario and assign a visitor to the seven scenarios left.
And quotas cannot be accessed via EM. So no way with the current set of functionality.

In a distant future we might get a way to create quota cells and access them via EM scripting with quota functions (e.g. quotaname to which the respondent has been assigned or the amount of completes left to fill a quota cell).

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 1 month ago #148114 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Random assignment to specific conditions
I already have an 'auto quota' system in 2.05 version , using some hack and javascript.

The system was this one :
- User answer on some question
- This question prefill a 'multiple choice question' (user can go to quota1, quota3 or quota6)
- This multiple choice question have a corresponding single choice question with quota
- This question was checked according to the number of quota to do

It's really complex to manage for user, i like to find a way to such system with
- no JS : only PHP (and existing system)
- A clean GUI for survey manager.

Currently : you don't have to use ajax, you can use only javascript and this plugin : framagit.org/SondagePro-LimeSurvey-plugin/getStatInSurvey
In fact : this plugin was done fpor this :
- Hide answer if they get up of quota
- Show the number of "still valid answer"
For a webphone survey.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose