Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Having 4 different scorings at the end?!

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 2 months ago #148016 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Having 4 different scorings at the end?!
Crossposts are generally hated in any forum. If you think that some part of the question would be better in another place (which in this case is not necessary), at least post the link to the other thread in each thread. But here: This thread would be more than enough. Denis and Tpartner also come to this forum and your question is not a question about the development of LS. So now lets forget about this mistake.

I will see if I find the time to look at your example later on.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Reveb
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
More
7 years 2 months ago #148017 by holch
There are many, many errors in the question Fpsych.

I would only hide an equation question once everything has been tested and is working fine, because it is so much more difficutl to debug a hidden question. There were loads of html codes in the equations. I assume you opened them with the WYSIWYG Editor, which is never a good idea with equations and any code at all.

Always have also a look at the question overview page, because Limesurvey will show you when there is something wrong with your equation and in most cases even give you a good hint what is actually wrong (highlighted in different colors).

Now I am not sure what you are trying to do on the end page, because there are codes that don't match any question, but I assume this might come from deleting parts of the survey.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• Reveb
  • Reveb's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #148018 by Reveb
Replied by Reveb on topic Having 4 different scorings at the end?!
Yes i think your talking about chest etc. they are from different groups, i removed so you don't have to search where you have to be.

For me the survey logic file says No syntax errors detected in this survey.
Also the question says: This question, by itself, does not contain any syntax errors.

I unhided the question and it indeed shows that it already says er er er er from the start..
So there is something going wrong at this part..

If that's what u ment with overview page.
  • Reveb
More
7 years 2 months ago #148019 by Reveb
As for the HTML code i don't see any HTML code, where do u click on if i may ask?
  • holch
More
7 years 2 months ago #148022 by holch
Here what I am referring to as "Question Overview" page. As I cleaned the code, there are no errors on this screenshot. You can see the equations and they all look fine. No error messages. I will try to import your survey again to show you what I mean with error messages and html code within the equations.

• Reveb
More
7 years 2 months ago #148025 by Reveb
Ah, yea i actually work from there to but didn't see any extra code.
Thanks for the help, cause i really have no clue why it doesn't work and just shows the "er er er er" from the start already.

Thanks,

Reveb
  • holch
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #148028 by holch
So here is how the same question overview page looked like before I cleaned it:

And here a screenshot how it looks when you actually go into the "edit question" part. You can see that there have been added paragraph tags and quot tags, etc. So my assumption is that you opened and edited this question with the WYSIWYG-Editor and not in the code view.

And finally I added a cleaned survey file. You dan delete the "else" part with "not 0", etc., This was just to show that it actually works. Because if you don't score exactly one of those few values (which seems to be difficult, you need to click everything to the right to get low scores I guess), you won't see any result.

Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by holch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mazi, Reveb
  • Reveb
More
7 years 2 months ago #148055 by Reveb
Hey holch,

For the beginning i want to say thanks for taking that much time to help me ;)

When i download the file and test it, it still only says the if_false statements all the time even if the scoring on the beginning (Psych.NAOK) says it shows it has 4 in it. Still it shows Not 0 Not 1 Not 2 Not 3 Not 4 Not 5 Not 6..

Did this work for u? If so i am using the limesurvey from a friend's company cause they host it.. This is LimeSurvey version 1.92+ is this maybe forcing it to not work?

Reveb
  • Reveb
More
7 years 2 months ago #148067 by Reveb
Hey, Holch

I actually got it to work!

I saw the html incline editor was putting al sorts of extra stuff in like you saw.
After turning it of and putting in the code u sended and changing it a bit it worked :)

Thanks for the help!

For anyone reading and wondering about the code:
{if(Psych.NAOK==0, "Your score is 0 out of a 100", "er")}
{if(Psych.NAOK==1, "Your score is 10,6 out of a 100", "er")}
{if(Psych.NAOK==3, "Your score is 17,5 out of a 100", "er")}

Thanks alot Holch!

Reveb
  • holch
More
7 years 2 months ago #148072 by holch
I was suspecting this already.

Good that you finally got it to work. Once everything is running, you can substitute the "er" with "", it was just there to see what happens and to find problems/errors quicker.

• holch
More
7 years 2 months ago #148073 by holch
And 1.92+ is a pretty old version. Limesurvey has come a long way since then and a lot of bugs have been fixed.

You should consider to update, at least to the 2.6 branch which has still the same GUI. The newest branch 2.6x has a totally new GUI, so before upgrading to this, have a look at it and try it to see if it works for you.

• Reveb
More
7 years 2 months ago #148074 by Reveb
Yep, afterwards i removed the "er" for "". It now works perfect.

It shows the assesments scores on the top. (Placed the scores for these in an Assesment Rule)

Under that it shows the You scored ... out of a 100. So it's just what i wanted :)

Quick question if u may know the answer, cause i haven't looked in to it much yet. Is it possible to put these {FSpsych} scores(the ones that say You scored ... out of a 100). Into the confirmation email?

Thanks alot for all the help, i had never used limesurvey before but found out it's a program with a lot of posibilities.

Reveb

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose