Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I do the user sampling?

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #147578 by laiwc
Can I do the user sampling? was created by laiwc
As title, if I want to randomly choose the some users in a user group to do the survey, what will I set?

Or just choose X% from the responses to do the statistics.

Please help. Thanks.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by laiwc.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 1 month ago #147612 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Can I do the user sampling?
Sorry, I don't really understand what you are trying to do.

So you have a sample of respondents? How do you contact them? If you have them in an excel list, you could randomly assign a number in a column and choose the ones you are sending the invite to. If you only need a certain number I would not make everyone respond and then discard the responses of some. Sounds unfair and unnecessary. Better to choose before.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
7 years 1 month ago #147660 by laiwc
Replied by laiwc on topic Can I do the user sampling?
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I will have a group of users, and want to randomly choose one part of them(X%) to do the survey. I also prefer to choose before survey. But if there is no method, I will try the latter.
So only method is to use excel list to do the random choosing, doesn't Lime have this feature?
More
7 years 1 month ago #148088 by BBCMResearch
Replied by BBCMResearch on topic Can I do the user sampling?
Holch,

I think I had the same question. My boss wants to use LimeSurvey to host a large panel of respondents, and then draw a sample at random from the total to be invited to take various surveys.

I suggested the same thing you did, assigning randomization groups to panel members before uploading them to LimeSurvey and then send invites to randomized groups, but I believe that samples need to overlap one another, which kind of defeats the point of randomized groups.

To confirm though - LimeSurvey currently does not allow you to draw randomized samples from a panel for invitation purposes?

Thanks!
More
7 years 1 month ago #148101 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Can I do the user sampling?

BBCMResearch wrote: To confirm though - LimeSurvey currently does not allow you to draw randomized samples from a panel for invitation purposes?

You already answered it via your feature request ;-)
bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=12106

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose