Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Custom Assessments for individual Questions

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #147572 by fkwon
I am trying to figure out a way to accomplish the following and appreciate any insight.

I am building a form for a client that wants to be able to map recommendations to user answers.

For example,

Question 1 may ask: What is your colour?
  • A ) Blue
  • B ) White
  • C ) Yellow
  • D ) Black

Question 2 may ask: What utensil would you eat soup with?
  • A ) Spoon
  • B ) Fork
  • C ) Chopsticks
  • D ) Knife

Based off of the questions above, the user's answer may dictate whether the following assessments get outputted:

For Question 1
IF A (White) or D (Black) is selected
SHOW ASSESSMENT: "Black and White are not colours, they're shades"

For Question 2
IF B (Fork), C (Chopsticks), D (Knives) is selected
SHOW ASSESSMENT: "You can't eat soup with this item"

Essentially, we want to be able to output an Assessment (recommendation) for each individual question based off of the user's answer for that specific question.

The issue I'm finding is that Lime Survey's default Assessment behaviour works on a cumulative point system. I'm trying to see if there is a way to override that behaviour and use custom logic, that will still output to the Assessment page, and Confirmation Email. I've seen the token {ASSESSMENT} being used to output the results of the Assessment, so to know how to manipulate the assessment and still have it referenced by this token would be helpful.

Thanks.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by fkwon.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 1 month ago #147573 by holch
What you need to do is to look into the Expression Manager (maybe in combination with the assessment feature in Limesurvey).

Expressions give you a lot of freedom and opportunities that you don't have with assessments. There are many examples in the manual what expression manager can do and how to do it.

What you are trying to do is very basic and it should be quickly achievable with EM.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
7 years 1 month ago #147574 by holch
You should have a good read through all of the Expression manager material, but I think this should give you a headstart:
manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager...swers.2C_and_Reports

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose