Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I use multi-SMTP account to send invitation or reminder email?

• mrli999
  • mrli999's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #147012 by mrli999
I want to send more than 5000 invitations. One email account can only send 1000 emails per day. So I hope I can use 5 email account to send those emails. Can I use multi SMTP account to send invitations? Thanks.

The first email send by the first SMTP account
The second email send by the second SMTP account
and so on.

Is it possible?
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 3 months ago #147015 by eduardocosta
Lime survey does not support multi smtp account configuration. You should configure one smtp account, send the 1000 invitations and change the smtp configuration to other email to send more invitations or to use (or build) a thirty part software just to send the invitation with the link to your survey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrli999
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 3 months ago #147016 by holch
I personally wouldn't sent the 5000 emails on one day anyway. But that is a totally different topic.

As eduardocosta said, Limesurvey expects intivations to be sent from one SMTP account. If you want to send from various accounts, you need to find a work around or a new smtp server that allows you to send more than 1000 emails per day.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
7 years 3 months ago #147048 by DenisChenu
No need a waorkaround because plugins are not workaround : manual.limesurvey.org/BeforeTokenEmail

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • mrli999
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #147054 by mrli999

DenisChenu wrote: No need a waorkaround because plugins are not workaround : manual.limesurvey.org/BeforeTokenEmail

where can i find such plugin? thanks
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by mrli999.
  • holch
More
7 years 3 months ago #147057 by holch
You will have to create it yourself or find someone to create it for you. Denis just gave you the hint where to start with this plugin.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• mrli999
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #147112 by mrli999

holch wrote: You will have to create it yourself or find someone to create it for you. Denis just gave you the hint where to start with this plugin.

thank you very much. i am not a programmer. but using multi-smtp is very important if someone want to send reminder to more than 10000 persons.
  • holch
More
7 years 3 months ago #147120 by holch
I think the best solution is to get a SMTP account that is appropiate for sending mass emails. Far better than to use multiple SMTPs.

• LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 3 months ago #147140 by LouisGac
a plugin based on event catching is indeed perfect for that kind of operations.
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 3 months ago #147190 by DenisChenu
Tou have a plugin use beforeTokenEmail here : framagit.org/SondagePro-LimeSurvey-plugi...ailToExample.php#L31

But here : you must send yourself the email with the plugin and set the smtp user/pass yourself ... more work to do.
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ma...mon_helper.php#L2666

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • mrli999
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #147209 by mrli999

holch wrote: I think the best solution is to get a SMTP account that is appropiate for sending mass emails. Far better than to use multiple SMTPs.

If an email account send too many emails in one day, it mostly will blocked by the recipent's server. So using more email account to send email is better.

For example
using email account from gmail to send emails to gmail

using email account from hotmail to send emails to hotmail

and so on
  • holch
More
7 years 3 months ago #147212 by holch
Well, if you separate it like this, this might help because the own servers might accept emails easier. Good point. I did never think about that.

However, those "Consumer"-Accounts are usually not made for mass emails and have loads of restrictions (not only the total limit per day, but many have hourly limits as well, etc.). So you need to make sure that you are not running into any of those limits.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose