Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Multiple Other Options & Randomized Answers

More
7 years 4 months ago #146134 by jelo

DenisChenu wrote: Make a clean, with just the necessary question type/option core system

There is no shared vision about what is necessary for a survey system like LimeSurvey.
LS GmbH isn't offering a vision beside getting LimeSurvey to the masses. There is no obligation to offer a vision, but it would help to align activities and expectations from users and developers around the LimeSurvey ecosystem. Without your own project vision is is hard to approve or decline feature requests. You can go for low hanging fruits or technical debt. But you cannot estimate demand since nobody is watching and voting for features in the bugtracker. The feature to position the other field at a different position grabbed not much attention since 2009 bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=7367 . And to position just one other field is very, very common.
No workaround should be needed for that. It's not like proposing a GUI to vim developers but it sometimes feels like doing so when I see the reactions.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The topic has been locked.
  • BBCMResearch
  • BBCMResearch's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #146152 by BBCMResearch
Replied by BBCMResearch on topic Multiple Other Options & Randomized Answers
Thanks Tony, that script did the trick!

Why not use single choice with comments?

Yeah, I thought I would do that initially, but I can't seem to find that as an available question type. I thought it would've been 'list with comment,' but that just gives me one large text box below the question for respondents to share additional thoughts.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose