[HOWTO] Show/Hide question depending on the time the survey is taken

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #145940 by markusfluer
markusfluer created the topic: [HOWTO] Show/Hide question depending on the time the survey is taken
It is possible to hide or show questions depending on the local time.
For example the following statement makes a question only visible between 8 am and 8 pm.
(date('H') >= 8) and (date('H') <= 20)

There is a whole lot of possibilities with this date filter. A.e. show questions only on thursdays, or only in july.
Or every day another question to rule out automatic surveytaking.

These relevance-equation also work on subquestions.
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by markusfluer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch, tpartner, Ben_V, Deusdeorum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #145946 by holch
holch replied the topic: [HOWTO] Show/Hide question depending on the time the survey is taken
Great: I have seen a few of those posts where there is actually no question, but a "how to" for something. These posts are very useful for many, but I have two points:
- It would be great to have this in the manual (and a link from this post to it)
- Write "How to:" in front of the title, because this would be great to know what the topic is about and to find it again.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
1 year 10 months ago #145947 by holch
holch replied the topic: [HOWTO] Show/Hide question depending on the time the survey is taken
Maybe we should have a "How to" section in the forum.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #145949 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: [HOWTO] Show/Hide question depending on the time the survey is taken

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: first link with howto inside link

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!