Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Assessment Surveys

• einalem
  • einalem's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #145273 by einalem
Assessment Surveys was created by einalem
Hi everyone, I'm very new to limesurvey, and in not way a coder, and I have the flu, so speak to me like I'm a 3 year old...
I'm assessing if limeSurvey will meet my needs, I think it will, but I'm not overly certain HOW to do it, and what is the best/most efficient method to go about doing it. So here goes...

I run a service that has a large assessment criteria at intake to find the best fit for the service. I currently do this on paper.
There are 10 groups to the survey, and about 20 questions per group with the possible selection of answers being always often sometimes rarely and N/A. Generally speaking the answers are assigned a score of 4, 3, 2, 1, 0 respectively. (see attached file untitled-2)

I currently have this set up as an array. Is this the best option to use?

Now, just to make my newbie, flu infused, brain more confused, in some of the groups and only some of the questions rather than the assigned scores being 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, they reverse and go 1, 2, 3, 4, 0. Can I assign individual scores to an array or must they all have the same scoring system? If you can, how do I go about doing this? If this is not the best option, what do I use to do a survey like this?

Once all the survey is complete, how do I go about getting all the info to add up? I need it added up by group only, not the whole survey together.

LASTLY, can I do like a general registration prior to the survey, requesting info like address and phone numbers, or is this best done using another program.

I have looked up the manual, but it mentions icons etc that I do not have in my version of lime survey (which is apparently up to date), and it feels a bit like I am trying to read another language .

I am self hosting limesurvey, if that makes a difference

Thanks in advance to anyone able to lend assistance

Mel
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 4 months ago #145286 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Assessment Surveys
You can assign assessment values to answers. These values don't need to be the same for every question but will be the same for every sub-question within a given array.
- manual.limesurvey.org/Assessments

Group scores can be calculated and loaded into equation type questions using the Expression Manager qCode.value variable.
- manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager#Access_to_Variables

Here is an example of how to write group "scores" to equation questions and display them later in the survey (you can probably ignore the stuff about sorting the scores) - www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-w...ssment-output#144654

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose