Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Modifying survey, possibly programmatically through the API

• cosimo193
  • cosimo193's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #144138 by cosimo193
I have a need for a survey where users can update their answers and re-submit. This is simple so far; I've created a survey with tokens and invitations etc. The purpose of the survey is to find out who can be available on certain dates to attend events. As time goes by, I'd like to be able to keep the survey going and update it to drop off expired events and add new ones.

I've read about the VV Export and VV Import stuff, but I'm not sure how I'd use that to do what I'm trying to achieve, and I wasn't sure whether, if I had to create a new survey to do this, whether it would just look like the old survey and have all the existing responses set and the new questions added etc. In addition, I'd quite like to be able to provide someone with a program that will help avoid any manual messing around that might be involved so is this something that can be done through the API?

If there's anything not clear about what I'm trying to do please feel free to ask for more clarification but, if you can give me some tips about how to go about this it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 4 months ago #144141 by holch
I am not sure if lImesurvey is the best choice for what you are trying to do. At the end it is not a tool to organize events, but a survey tool. So you probably will have to do a lot of workarounds while some other tools out there might do this already out of the box. Maybe worth looking around a bit.

I am not saying that you can't do it with Limesurvey. I have no idea. But I am quite sure that you can't do it out of the box.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• cosimo193
  • cosimo193's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #144143 by cosimo193
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I don't mind looking at workarounds because I've already spent many hours trying to find something that will do this job for me with no luck. The closest I've found is at teamer.net/features , but that's provided on their website and I want to do it on our own. Also, that looks like it has many features I don't need.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose