Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to add a custom page in the admin module?

• lintu
  • lintu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #144121 by lintu
Hello Folks,

I have a unique requirement to add an additional custom page in the admin module which will have some data that I am querying from the database and displaying. I want to use the existing LimeSurvey authentication mechanism and some other calls - that is the reason to include this page within the admin module.

Can someone please help me with some pointers and possibly a code snippet on how to accomplish this? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am aware that this is not a recommended way and may break during future upgrades. But for the time being, I need to add this functionality for my project.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 4 months ago #144128 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic How to add a custom page in the admin module?

lintu wrote: ....
P.S. I am aware that this is not a recommended way and may break during future upgrades. But for the time being, I need to add this functionality for my project.

No, there are a recommended solution : public function actionIndex in a plugin

Look at example : github.com/olleharstedt/MassAction

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • lintu
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #144136 by lintu
Denis,

Thanks for your response! I looked at the MassAction plugin, but there is not much documentation with it to figure what it does and what needs to be done.

Also, dropped the unzipped folder into the plugins folder but it does not show up in the admin screen (not detecting it).
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by lintu.
  • lintu
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #144144 by lintu
Quick update: I was able to figure out what I needed to do to have this plugin show up in Plugin Manger. Now, I need to figure out how the menu logic on LimeSurvey is built so that I can add the new section in Admin

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose