Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

New Survey... participants w/valid email, new unique tokens... won't send invite

• scottgallant
  • scottgallant's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #142485 by scottgallant
Newbie here... I've created a surveys and tested it fine with EMAIL-X and EMAIL-Y... no problems with token generation and the invites/links. Deactivated it.

Then created another new survey. Activated it. Added participants with EMAIL-X and EMAIL-Y. no problems generating tokens once again. When I go to send the invites I get the typical warning of no emails were sent (criteria of:having a valid email address, not having been sent an invitation already, not having already completed the survey, having a token).

The Participates page shows these emails in there with 1 use left and no responses, and their valid token. What am I missing?!?!? I started tapping around database tables and couldnt find anything except old renamed token tables from me trying this tow or three times with same result.

Any advice is sooo welcome! Hours on this one and it's really itching me!
Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 7 months ago #142499 by jelo

sgallant wrote: The Participates page shows these emails in there with 1 use left and no responses, and their valid token. What am I missing?!?!?

How do you know, that non of the invitations via email were sent?

The situation you're describing is not directly an indication for an error or issue.
If all emails were sent but non finished, the survey the token table would look like this too.

What is your LimeSurvey version/build (look at the bottom of each page)? And where is LimeSurvey hosted?
Depending on the mail settings in LimeSurvey it is possible that there is an issue with mail transportation.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • scottgallant
More
7 years 7 months ago #142524 by scottgallant
Thanks for the response. It is likely it is something I'm just not realizing.

It's hosted locally, V 2.52. Mail services do work (I sent to emailX and emailY before for a test survey and received the mail). I created this NEW survey and sent to same Email-X and Email-Y and now warning comes (also same warning if i try 'reminder' instead). If I add a new email-Z, it will go out fine. It's only for takers of previous survey or this survey before it was deactivated/reactivated and results cleared it seems.

I'm presuming the same email address (different token) in an OLD_TOKEN table will not prevent me from adding this participant email to the same reactivated survey and assigning a new token when I REACTIVATE the survey? If I'm mistaken here, then this is the key- but I'd wonder why it functions this way (a purpose for deactivating would be to purge responses and start over with same recipients).

NOTE:
  • there ARE OLD_TOKEN tables for these participants and this new survey as I've deactivated results a few times and tried that as an attempt to resolve. In the old token tables... emailstatus=[emailYaddress], Sent=NULL, remindersent=N, completed=N, usesleft=1, valid=NULL
  • The active table shows these 2 participants, both with unique tokens and all data similar to that in the old tokens with respect to having tokens, no invites, etc.
  • Survey Participant info under Responses shows O total responses, and 0 invites, 0 surveys completed, 0 total with NO unique token, and 2 total records.
  • scottgallant
More
7 years 7 months ago #142525 by scottgallant
I found the culprit!!!

The 'emailstatus' field was being prepopulated with the participants email address. It should default to 'OK'. When I removed these from participant details, the default values were populated and the invitations went out fine.

As a result of debugging this, I ended up with multiple surverys and deactivated token tables... what is the best way to KEEP a survey, yet remove all deactivated and old data? Can you simply delete the tables from database?

Thanks
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 7 months ago #142534 by tpartner
Go to Configuration --> Check data integrity, under "Data redundancy check" you will see all old tables that can be removed.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose