Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Adding a Comment Box to Every Question Group Page

• midRange
  • midRange's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #141883 by midRange
Hello,
I would like to implement an input box where a survey taker would be able to comment on a question so they may make a note of something they thought was important or offensive and record the data so we are able to look at it when the survey taker is finished. The box would be located at the bottom of each question page like so.

My question is regarding the Template Editor. The survey is set up with Group by Group pages and has a large amount of questions so manually adding a comment box to each question would be very time consuming. I have tried to add an input box in the template editor at the 'endgroup.pstpl' but it does not record data entered. I also have tried adding an input box to 'question.pstpl' but the boxes show up under each question (I want only one box at the bottom of each page).

So, my question is can I add a comment box at the bottom of each page where it is able to record the messages submitted by the user (logging the data) using the template editor rather than going through each question one by one and adding an input box manually?
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by midRange.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 6 months ago #141884 by holch
You can't just add a text box somewhere and expect it to be recorded. You need to tell the web application where and how to save it.

So I don't see any other way to add the text box as a question at the end of each group.

You can for example export your survey to Excel, make your changes in Excel and then upload it again.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose