Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Is it possible to combine text and multi choice option in one page?

• StuartMark0
  • StuartMark0's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #141503 by StuartMark0
Hi, is it possible to combine text and multi choice option in a page?

So if respondent does not want to type in text box, they just need to tick the option and are able to continue.
And also how to set a check, when we have a response typed in text box and ticked the option, they won't be able to continue.
The same way if we have no response in text box and the option, then they won't be able to continue either.

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #141508 by vkuzmin
Do you need more than one text field? If one is enough use multi choice question with other field.
1) You can set General options -> "Mandatory: Yes". Then respondent should choose at least one option before he can continue.
2) You can use Logic -> "Minimum answers" and "Maximum answers". Try to set both to 1.
3) You can use Logic -> "Exclusive option", type "other" without quotes in that field.
4) You can set any conditions in the Logic -> "Question validation equation" field. Something like
Code:
((!is_empty(Q1_other.NAOK) AND is_empty(Q1_SQ001.NAOK) AND is_empty(Q1_SQ002.NAOK) AND is_empty(Q1_SQ003.NAOK)) OR (is_empty(Q1_other.NAOK))
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by vkuzmin.
  • StuartMark0
  • StuartMark0's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #141518 by StuartMark0
Thanks so much. It works but is it possible to have bigger text box?
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #141525 by vkuzmin
1) You can set css sytle for .form-conrol.input-sm, add this text to the multi choice question:
Code:
<style media="screen" type="text/css">.form-control.input-sm {
  width: 800px;}
</style>
2) You can use group by group mode. Add new question in the same group where multi choice is. For example, multi choice is Q1, long free text is Q2. Add option to the Q1 with something like "I'l type my answer", for example that option is Q1_SQ004.
a) Set SQ004 as Exclusive option in Q1 to block other checkboxes.
b) Go to conditions page of Q2.
c) Select Q1:SQ004 and Checked then press Add condition. You will see somethink like "Q1:SQ004: [I'l type my answer][Single checkbox] Some text (qid1216)"
d) instead of b and c you can open Q2 and type (!is_empty(Q1_SQ004.NAOK)) in Relevance equation field.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by vkuzmin.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose