Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Tailoring question/welcome texts with token table attributes?

• Trifon
  • Trifon's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #141411 by Trifon
Hi,
My case is to add some personal info of participants (like address) as additional attributes in to the token table to get them check that the details are up to date.

I asked the same thing wrong forum category (Update issues) a while ago, and got advice that it should work like this in welcome text or question text:

eg. "Hi {TOKEN:FIRSTNAME} {TOKEN:LASTNAME}. Is your address still {TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1}?"
I am not able to get this working. Only blanks are shown on in welcome message and question texts.
No error messages about the EM coding.

Can someone confirm the way to do it?

Tailoring the email invitation with the same attributes works fine, just as shown in the manual. Clear example of teiloring the other texts also would be great in the manual.
The topic has been locked.
  • Trifon
More
7 years 6 months ago #141413 by Trifon
Now it works, and I did not change anything! Weird.. Can there be some kind of "lag" when reading the attributes from token table to sheet? Or some other condition, that needs to set right?
  • Trifon
More
7 years 6 months ago #141422 by Trifon
Ok, maybe I got the answer. Can someone confirm ?

I often test surveys by sending the to my own mail. So I may have the Lime admin page open while I am trying to answer the same survey in another window. Could this cause that token attributes are not "available" somehow?
More
7 years 6 months ago #141423 by jelo

Trifon wrote: Now it works, and I did not change anything! Weird.. Can there be some kind of "lag" when reading the attributes from token table to sheet? Or some other condition, that needs to set right?

There might be some session issues. I recommend to use a different browser or a anonymous browser mode to test surveys while being logged into the limesurvey backend. Did you activate the survey when testing it with tokens? If not you also can be left with blank fields.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • Trifon
More
7 years 6 months ago #141432 by Trifon

jelo wrote:

Trifon wrote: Now it works, and I did not change anything! Weird.. Can there be some kind of "lag" when reading the attributes from token table to sheet? Or some other condition, that needs to set right?

There might be some session issues. I recommend to use a different browser or a anonymous browser mode to test surveys while being logged into the limesurvey backend. Did you activate the survey when testing it with tokens? If not you also can be left with blank fields.

It think and hope this is it. Thanks for the tip!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose